Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync w/Lenovo P2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. Now on my third phone with charge 2 and really frustrated. Currently using lenovo P2.  Fitbit app is the most unreliable I have ever used! Occasionally a version will work/sync really well but then an update comes and it becomes useless, like as in every other update. I understand my current phone isn't on the compatible list but never seen an app be so constantly phone sensitive, surely it can't be that resource heavy and should work across most if not all android devices. Please fix as I'm at the end of my tether with this app despite loving my fitbit

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Samgoon, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. While many Android devices have a Bluetooth and other specs with the OS that could make the phone sync with your phone, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App and it might not work as it should.

As you know your phone is not listed as compatible, although our teams are constantly testing devices to make wider the selection of compatible phones. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link: http://www.fitbit.com/devices at a later date to see if device support has been added.

We appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience, and encourage you to let us know if you have any additional feedback on this and other features.

See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Roberto.

I too am having Lenovo P2 problems with Fitbit.

I had a Fitbit One and upgraded to a Fitbit Flex 2 in spring 2017 to be able to receive notifications.

I changed from a Samsung S4 to a Lenovo P2 in August and my Flex2 pretty much stopped syncing and definitely no notifications.

Fitbit support (whom I told I was using a Lenovo P2) suggested a firmware update, but no improvement. Then Fitbit support offered a deal for a replacement Flex 2 or 50% off a new Fitbit, so in October: thinking it must be a Flex2 problem, I bought an AltaHR (even though I don't want a wrist based tracker). Now I've received it, the AltaHR also barely snycs and no notifications!

I never imagined that changing from one android device to another would be a problem. And never dreamed that Fitbit had a compatible device list. I thought supporting Android devices meant supporting Android devices. And why didn't Fitbit support highlight the P2 not being compatible with Fitbit, instead of offering me an unworkable solution of a replacement or half price deal for a device I didn't plan to buy and that anyway has also not solved the problem.

I will not spend money to replace my 4 month old Lenovo P2. Apart from the Fitbit problem the P2 is an excellent phone with pretty much the longest battery life on the market. Something Fitbit should be happy about and want to support. It's a well liked and highly reviewed device that is not going to go away and Fitbit not supporting it is going to reflect badly on Fitbit as their lack of support for the P2 becomes more widely known. This is not the only community thread asking Fitbit to support the P2.

In your reply, please include the date when the Lenovo P2 will be added to the compatible devices list.

Best Answer

Pretty much all of my problems with syncing went away when i transferred my Fitbit app to internal storage(go into settings, then apps, click on Fitbit and from there and 'move to internal') 

Hope this helps as was incredibly frustrating going through the constant uninstall/reinstall/reset procedures to no avail, but equally excellent when everything just started working eventually!

Best Answer

Dear Samgoon,

It's so nice of you to take the time to reply.  Thanks.  I really appreciate the time you have spent on my behalf.

I think your idea sounds excellent.  However, my SD card is formatted as internal, so at the moment I don't have the option to move apps between internal or external.  But what you say makes a lot of sense because Fitbit did work on my Lenovo P2 for 5 or 6 weeks when I first had it, and then stopped working.  Which may well be around the time that I got my new SD card and formatted it as internal.

Over the weekend I'll do a hard backup of my phone and then see if I can reformat the SD card and then mount it as external instead.  And setup the phone/download all my apps again 😕  But if it works, it will be worth it to be able to use my Fitbit again.

I'm hopeful and will keep you posted...  Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No worries. To be honest at the time I thought mine had been formatted in
this way too. Unfortunately, as I sorted this quite some time ago can't
remember the exact process I went through. Just checked and my SD card
appears to now be formatted as internal but still showing separately in
storage(is this an android version thing, I'm running version 7, which is
newer than the version that came with the phone) Anyway, whatever it is, I
have a feeling where the app is stored is the reason behind it. Maybe you
could remove SD card and if Fitbit app is no longer on there, re download
it? Sure you'll get there eventually as it all works fine on my P2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I too am having issues with syncing. I've discovered what it is but it is only a temporary remedy as it keeps reoccurring. When you pair the Fitbit Alta hr, it will initially sync however after that it will not. After going through the rigamarole of force restarting, turning Bluetooth off, restarting phone, reinstalling the app, I had no success. I noticed on the Bluetooth device list the device appears as a connected device. I clicked on the Alta hr in the list and told the phone to forget it. And then sync worked immediately. Not sure why this is the case, it used to work most of the time until a most recent update from Fitbit, I personally think it's an issue their end with the device working on Android 7, and maybe it's functionality with certain Bluetooth standards.

Best Answer

Plus I don't have external storage, only use phone storage.

Best Answer