Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issue with Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 3 for a few months now.  About 2 months ago, it wasn't syncing with my Pixel 2 and it was draining my phone's battery.  I restarted my fitbit, and it started syncing again, but the step count seemed much higher than I would have expected for my activity that day.

Now every few days I have the same problem.  My fitbit stops syncing with my phone, and I have to restart it.  Sometimes I notice early, but sometimes it's not until I get home in the evening that I realize it isn't syncing.  Also, my step count on those days always looks much higher than I'd expect.  I have no way of confirming that the step count is off, but I normally do the same activities every day, so I know my typical range, and I'd be expecting 10,000 steps, and instead have 15,000 with no increased activity that would justify an extra 5,000 steps.

The syncing and restarting is inconvenient and annoying, but I'm really upset that my data seems off on those days.  What's the point of having the fitbit if it's not tracking - even if it's not perfect, I don't want it to say 50% more steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Marty18 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Let me help you with your syncing issues and step count and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. You could try refreshing the link between your tracker and your phone by doing the following:

• Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  • Restart your phone and restart your device
  • Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  • Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. 
  • You can find additional suggestions here.

Regarding the steps do you have any third party app linked to your account that transfers data or activities? Have you manually logged any activities? Could you share a screenshot of the activities section on your account? Note that your device will detect the movement on your arm and translate that movement into steps. There are situations in which your arm may move but you won't be actually walking. For example, this may happen when you are playing the drums, burping a baby or clapping. It can also happen while driving. You can negate these steps by logging a driving activity. You can try wearing your device on your non dominant hand but select that hand as dominant on the device’s settings to make it less sensitive to movement.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes