Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing difficulties after app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit will not sync after recent update installed. How is this resolved. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Sam.millward, welcome to the Community Forums!

First, I appreciate your effort and patience for troubleshooting this situation before posting over here, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then, you can move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @Sam.millward, welcome to the Community Forums!

First, I appreciate your effort and patience for troubleshooting this situation before posting over here, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then, you can move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ricardo

This has not worked. I have sent an update to you but no reply. It will sync when i switch Bluetooth on but dies not hold the data after the day. I now have no data to review since 22nd August which is frustrating & unacceptable. What is the resolution to this. I have a Huawei phone... Is this the issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your reply is appreciated @Sam.millward.

I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties with your Fitbit device, I didn't receive any update from you but I'm glad to continue assisting you today. To further investigate, can you please let me know which Huawei and Fitbit devices are you using? What do you mean when you say that the device sync if you turn on the Bluetooth of your phone but is not holding the data after the day? In the meantime I receive your answers, please troubleshoot the app following the next steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Looking forward to your reply.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo

To answer your question 

1. I am using Huawei P20 

2. Fitbit charge 3

3. When I switch Bluetooth on, on the evening it will automatically sync my step count only for today only. The following morning it has disappeared... Ie its not archived / retained that data. It has been doing this since 22nd August. Please note I only put my Bluetooth on to sync. 

I will try your suggested fix & let you know how it goes. 

Sam. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo

I have completed the steps as you suggested... My fitbit cannot be picked up at all now by my phone.

Help. 

Sam. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I also receive a pop up message:

Fitbit sync service - last synced: unavailable 

Best Answer

Thanks for your replies and for all the details that were shared @Sam.millward.

Seems odd that you're experiencing such difficulties with your Charge 3 and your Huawei P20 phone, even more after trying the steps from my previous posts. Since you're still having this connection issue, please check: What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone? and also try the following steps in the specified order:

1. Restart your Fitbit.
  2. Please on the phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, and remove all the connections that exist with the device. (Forget device, ignore or unpair depending on the version of the operating system of the phone).
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth and restart the phone. (Switch off and on again).
  4. When the mobile device is back on, turn the Bluetooth on again but do not attempt to connect to the Fitbit from here.
  5. Go on the app and try setting up the Fitbit as a new device.

I'll be here if the issue persists.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to piggy back off your post. 

I have done all suggested comments in these posts. My charge 3 hasnt synced since 8/24 i uninstalled restarted installed restarted and finally deleted my device. But now cant even add that device to the app following directions 15 minutes of "connecting" after entering 4 digit code NOTHING happens, using fit bit is useless if its not tracking data. 

Best Answer

Piggy backing off piggy backed post 🙂

This is a common issue. Heaven knows why they haven't acknowledged it yet. Google playstore reviews is full of the same complaints about the last update.

I've tweeted at Fitbit support (https://twitter.com/Waqar36922654/status/1303326863020814336) and they keep circulating the same help articles that are not solving the issue.

Best Answer

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Charge-2-won-t-sync-since-Aug-20/td-p/4459688

Stop peddling the same help articles. It's a common issue. Check reviews on playstore. Acknowledge the bug since last update and fix it

Best Answer

I guess they would rather loose customers than admit anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

**update**

I called customer service they said my phone wasnt compatible?? For 8 months it magically worked together perfectly fine until 8/24 update. The Rep tried having me use my kids phone to pair device to account but if my lg stylo 5 wouldn't work no way my kids cheap phone is gonna work. She said she has only had 3 calls with this issue. I informed her its all over your website and you have horrible reviews through the app store because of this update she changed the subject. I got nowhere but an offer for exchange at my expense, how will that work if you just said my phone is incompatible 🤷 both fitbit and phone are less than a year old. 

Oh and no go using computers to sync fitbits anymore they have had to many issues. 🤦

Best Answer

Synced once in 2 weeks since last two updates! App updates get more pathetic with each one. Have they never heard the saying, if its not broke dont try fixing it 🤷‍:female_sign: why do they insist on messing with the sync every big update. And they follow up shoddy updates with shoddy support and deny there's even a problem. Now got a 200 pound ornament. It doesn't even keep time when it can't sync. 

Best Answer