Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing difficulties with Versa 2 and Samsung S20 ultra

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit versa 2 won't sync with my Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra is it compatible?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hi @Gailtd, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me share with you that the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is still not listed as a compatible device with our products and services, therefore, you can experience some connection difficulties with it and your Versa 2. However, if you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer

This is crazy that my versa 2 does not sync up with my Note 20 Ultra!!!  Fitbit needs to fix this...

Best Answer

It also is not syncing with my Samsung S20 well. None of my workouts are showing in the exercise section, but they are showing up in my zone minutes??

Best Answer
0 Votes

everything worked fine with my versa 2 and my galaxy s9. Now my new s20 finds my versa 2 but won't connect, even have the updated fitbit app version 3.29... very unhappy about this... Why all the issues with the S20?

Best Answer

This question was posted to Fitbit regarding Versa2 not being able to connect to Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. The problem still seems to exist, come on Fitbit get your act together ( or is it a Samsung problem ?). I have had fitbit for many years and keep upgrading it as soon as a new model comes out, unfortunately with the versa2 not connecting with my new upgrade of samsung  galaxy S20 ultra, I am really disappointed.

Perhaps it is time to look for different  compatible tracker if Fitbit does not fix this problem soon !

Best Answer

Please tell me that you are joking. The flagship of major Android phone is not listed as compatible?

I have just bought S20 fan edition and it won't Sync even after trying all these things that you have suggested. Do I get a free upgrade to a fitbit that is compatible?

Best Answer

Hi, I have Fitbit Versa 2, is it compatible with Samsung S20 FE 5G or Samsung A71 5G, I tried with both but unfortunately none of the seems working. It's not even finding tracker.

Best Answer

This is nuts. So I guess everyone who got one for Christmas will need to return? Good thing I saved my box.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thankfully I found a work around. I had to go into my app settings first on my phone and select Fitbit then went to allow phone, messages, microphone etc. for Fitbit. Then restarted my phone then went into the actual Fitbit app this time, selected my profile and added device and it finally worked. Was about to take the phone back. Shouldn't be this hard especially for a tracker that's almost $200. Should be plug and play but just thankful I got it to work this way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a work around that I posted. Let me know if you still need assistance (I don't work for Fitbit)!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just posted a work around. Let me know if you can't find it and still need assistance. P.S. I don't work for Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thankfully I found a work around. I had to go into my app settings first on my phone and select Fitbit then went to allow phone, messages, microphone etc. for Fitbit. Then restarted my phone then went into the actual Fitbit app this time, selected my profile and added device and it finally worked. Was about to take the phone back. Shouldn't be this hard especially for a tracker that's almost $200. Should be plug and play but just thankful I got it to work this way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work for me.  This is ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to try this. I have the S20 FE and versa 3... won't connect. Incredibly stupid. If this doesn't work and stay connected without the dropping off issues I may keep it.. but time is ticking because outside the 30 day purchase window they won't refund your our purchase for lack of compatibility which is also pathetic.. I have android 10 which they advertise as compatible 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa 2 finally connected. This is what I did--I restarted the versa and as soon as the blue Fitbit logo came on, I placed it next to my phone and it connected immediately.  it may have been a fluke, but it worked.  I had been restarting it and then waiting until it came on and I could never get it to connect.  This seemed to work.  Hope others have the same luck.

Best Answer
Thank you so much.
Will try, hope it works
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything and nothing works. Please add the newer samsung devices. It's ridiculous that my old samsung S7 worked great and my new samsung galaxy S20 fe won't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this advice I tried almost everything and nothing worked until I tried this and it works perfectly now. All my data has came up over the past few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you choose Versa rather than Versa 2 it works 

it’s taken hours for us to find this out on the internet!! But it seems to be working now 

Best Answer
0 Votes