Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issue with samsung galaxy 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since the last update on my Samsung Galaxy 5 my surge won't sync. I've tried every suggestion fitbit offered, called Verizon, and worked with Samsung. Nobody can help! Is the surge no longer compatible with the galaxy 5? I now have a $300 piece of garbage:(  the website says it is compatible with the 5, and has been for the 2 years I've had Surge's. Can someone please help get my watch working with my phone again? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @Ourworld17! Thanks for joining in. Your Surge should be compatible with your Galaxy S5. What troubleshoot have you tried? In the mean time I recommend you to try the following:

- Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened.

- Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.

- Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.

- Restart your tracker again.

- Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

- Consider using the All-Day Sync setting. This prompts your tracker to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may cause increased battery drain on your mobile device or tracker.

-  If all of the above don't work, please try syncing with your computer.

Let me know how this goes! 🙂

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

This did not resolve my issue. I am still unable to sync my watch and phone. This has been the case since August 9. I now have a $250 watch that is absolutely no good for me. I even experienced a week where the watch wouldnt keep proper time! Was off by approx 1 1/2 hours! I just received this watch in June, and 2 months later, it doesn't work:( very disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't uncheck the box that I "accepted as a solution". This is NOT resolved and I do NOT accept as solution...

Best Answer
0 Votes