Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

I emailed Fitbit and they tell me the problem is that my phone is not compatible and that's why it's not syncing.  Even though, it has always synced just fine until the update, and it still will sync on my old phone, which is exactly the same phone but with a cracked screen, that still has the old app on it.  But suddenly it's my phone's problem and not theirs.  So if they refuse to fix the app, I'm suddenly left with a useless tracker?  It worked with my phone before, but forget it now?  Terrible way to treat customers.

Best Answer
Thank you IAM thought I was the only one and I have a Zip and I was
thinking of getting a wrist one but now I don't know what to do IAM so
frustrated with the whole thing
Best Answer

I've been looking for another one, checking review websites. Apparently a lot of them don't know about this current problem bc they keep recommending Fitbit.

I loved the ring I had, but it kept having problems so I returned it and got a Fitbit. At least they were nice about it, and very helpful, but I don't know if they resolved the issues.

Best Answer
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is crazy that we have to go through this again and again and again
Best Answer
They are more or less telling me the same thing it's my phone
Best Answer
That is so crazy how we are all going through kinda the same situations
Best Answer
I hope for your sake they did because my isn't resolved
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I'm going to have to switch to a Garmin.  I am SO DISAPPOINTED in the response from Fitbit.  I've looked through some other threads and people have been having the same problems for several years and they haven't fixed the issue yet, so I'm not real confident that they ever will.  Sad because I like my Fitbit One.  I like clip on trackers but they're hard to come by.

Best Answer

I just got off the phone with fitbit, she walked me through resetting my flex and then once I plugged it into the charger the sync occurred.  I hope this helps someone else

Edit:  now it doesn't work again.   Aarrgh, this is so annoying 

Best Answer

Consider yourself very lucky - nothing has worked for the vast majority of us.

Mine worked twice last week, today it won't sync and I spent an hour doing all the tricks.

Best Answer

Looks like the app-update took away the communication between phone and device... 😞

Best Answer
Hopefully it keeps on working for you because it seems like it does for a
little while but then right where you started good luck I just wish I had
luck with it
Best Answer
Me to and it's so frustrating when your back to square one 😫
Best Answer

Hi @Happygrrl1 

Fitbit has the Inspire, which comes with an optional clip. Many One and Zip owners have gotten it and been quite pleased. You should check it out.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Thank you so much I have to look into something mind is still not syncing
to my phone
Best Answer

I used my Charge 2 with my LG K20 for 3 years with no problems. Switched to newer K30 a few months ago and it still worked great until 2 weeks ago. Now the date & time are behind by 12 1/2 hours and it won't sync with either if the phones. I've tried EVERYTHING I can find all over the net and nothing works. I even tried updating firmware using Fitbit Connect on my PC from its current 22.55.02. Since the Charge 2 won't communicate with ANY devices, that won't work either. 

Best Answer
Thanks!
Best Answer

Fitbit one will not sync unless I plug in and restart it. I wish I never would have updated. 

Best Answer

I found this on anther thread for earlier this year regarding the One.  this worked for me.

@DontHassleHoff wrote:

Just got off the phone with customer support.  Grace was a life-saver.  She solved my problem.  Here are the steps she walked me though:

1. Log out of the FB app.
  2. Turn off the phone's Bluetooth.
  3. Restart the FB tracker.
    • Insert the tracker into the charging cable.
    • Press and hold the button on the tracker for 15 seconds.  Not 10-12.  15 seconds.  The device should not light up when removed from the charging cable.
    • Remove the FB from the charging cable.
    • Press the button one time to restart the tracker
  4. Turn on the phone Bluetooth. 
  5. Restart the FB app.
  6. My tracker started syncing right away.

If you don't have success, call FB Tech Support at 877-623-4997.

Good luck.

Best Answer