Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone! I apologize for the delayed response and will be happy to assist you with your syncing issues. I understand how you feel and appreciate your feedback, comments and steps you have followed in order to resolve this situation.

Please check help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Also, please check if your device is included on the Compatible devices list

To make sure your Fitbit device syncs and receives notifications from your Android phone, open the Settings app on your phone and confirm or adjust the following settings:

• Turn off background restrictions or limitations:
    1. Go to Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app
    2. Tap Background restrictions or Background limits to turn off the setting.
  • Turn off battery limitations:
    1. Go to Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization.
    2. Change the view to All apps.
    3. Search for the Fitbit app and choose Not optimized.
  • Turn on location services and allow the Fitbit app to access your location. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app prompting me to turn on location services?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
639 REPLIES 639

Ever since I down loaded the new dashboard it will not keep up to date with syncing.  It sucks! I want the old dashboard back because it also showed more info.

Best Answer

I can't get my fit bit zip to sync with the app at all. It said it is not found. I have it right on top of my phone.

Best Answer

Worked fine for 5 years except after the occasional update. Now must restart the Flex every day, and it doesn't hold. Synch??? Should be STINKS. So many people seem to be affected, but not much effort to correct. This onthe 50th anniversary of landing on the moon. Some technology works better than others.

Maybe everyone at Fitbit is celebrating the anniversary of Woodstock instead with a couple of snorts.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner, you might want to post a link to this one on the various fora for the individual fitbit models. Having been looking at for example zip, one, and charge 2 fora there seem to be problems and not just with android versions. Some of these older versions are not moderated to the same extent and dissatisfaction is very vocal. The general feeling seems to be that updates are enforcing obsolescence in hope that those whose warranties have obviously expired will buy the new toys.

Best Answer

Mine also stopped on 8/15 must be a way to make us buy a new one. No chance.

Best Answer

Last sync was 8/14 for my Charge HR. Very frustrated.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Yes. Same problem. Update then stopped syncing. 

Best Answer

My Charge 3 has never consistently synced! I have to plug it in and turn it off every morning if I want to get my sleep info. Now with the new update I get  "No device found" message every morning. So frustrating!

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem! Will not stay synced and also tells me cannot locate the device! Very frustrated!! I like the "One" Model!

Best Answer

I. agree. There's too many people with a wide range of phones and fitbit devices that are having problems.  It'st app. 

Best Answer

I have an Alta HR and every day I struggle with synching too. My hubby has the Alta same problem. I've tried everything recommended. I try to read if there are updates or suggestions. Nothing works! It's just sad at this point. Get it together Fitbit!! 😡

Update: 8/27 Still having same issues.

Best Answer

My Fitbit would not sync since 8/19. I too have tried everything. Are there any answers?

Best Answer

Same

Same date too

Best Answer

My Fitbit isn't syncing either. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit will not stay sync

Best Answer

Mine stopped syncing Monday at 10:14 pm. Has not done anything since then . I would like for it to get working again,  I miss it very much. 

Best Answer

UPDATE: My Fitbit finally synced on Fri 8-23 at 12:23am. It also updated at this time. I was so hopeful that things would get back to normal syncing, but no such luck.

I have a Fitbit Flex. I used it up till

7-19-19 when the band broke. I did not use from 7-20 to 8-13 until I Got new band and started using 8-14. Have worn every day since, but notice that the last day to sync was 8-16 at 12:50am while I slept. I cannot get it to sync up. Noticed the non syncing after returning from a camping trip on 8-18. I don't know what to do.

Best Answer

Well we could just use people action. There are other trackers and other apps of fitbit can't or won't fix this bug 

Best Answer

I've tried ALL of the troubleshooting options with the app, bluetooth, PC (dongle), even restored an older version of the app and nothing works - "tracker not found" is all I get.  Very frustrating and inexcusable for so many to have the problem and it's not being addressed.

P.S. Having the issue on my iPad as well, so it's not just the android app/phone.

Best Answer