Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

I am soooo  frustrated! I have tried everything. Cannot sync to phone. Spent 40 mins yesterday on phone to helpline and still no further on! What are they doing to us? If they set out new versions surely they should make sure it doesn't keep causing us these problems!! I'm so fed up of trying to sort it out to no avail. 

Best Answer

I received an email response to my query. I have done all that they told me to do in their email. The only thing different is that I am going straight to their website to monitor my tracking - so, I am not using the Fitbit App. Then, I thought, "I uninstalled the app so perhaps I should reinstall it." I did and still nothing. My Fitbit is connected right now directly to my computer. The app said no device found. If this is not resolved and fast, guess I will have to bite the bullet and search for a different tracker. The following is their response:

Thank you for your email. We regret to hear that you have these inconveniences with your Alta. If your Fitbit device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it. For instructions see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone and try to sync.

If this has not brought any improvement, we ask you to contact us again. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

Best Answer

Hello everyone! I apologize for the delayed response and will be happy to assist you with your syncing issues. I understand how you feel and appreciate your feedback, comments and steps you have followed in order to resolve this situation.

Please check help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Also, please check if your device is included on the Compatible devices list

To make sure your Fitbit device syncs and receives notifications from your Android phone, open the Settings app on your phone and confirm or adjust the following settings:

• Turn off background restrictions or limitations:
    1. Go to Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app
    2. Tap Background restrictions or Background limits to turn off the setting.
  • Turn off battery limitations:
    1. Go to Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization.
    2. Change the view to All apps.
    3. Search for the Fitbit app and choose Not optimized.
  • Turn on location services and allow the Fitbit app to access your location. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app prompting me to turn on location services?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the Fitbit app update to version 3.3.1, both my app and my wife's are having issues finding our Fitbits. With my phone I can turn the Bluetooth off and on again and the app will work shortly thereafter. The only way we can get my wife's app to start connecting is to restart her Fitbit One. Before the app update we did not have this issue with the device connection only the random syncing delays. We have to go through these gyrations on a daily basis to get things to work.

I see that app version 3.4 was released on 8/21/2019, but it is not yet posted in the Google Play Store. Hopefully this release will get the connection issue corrected. The bad news is that once app version 3.5 is released you will need to have a phone with Android OS version 7.0 or higher. I hope 3.4 takes care of things or we will be left with a very poor opinion of Fitbit customer support. I should not have to buy a new phone for the app to work.

Best Answer
I have done all of these reboot suggestions. None have worked.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Yes!!!! It's so frustrating. Ever since I updated to the new dashboard it keeps getting out of sync. I have to do so many things to get it to sync to. I turn off Bluetooth, then turn on, refresh the app, reset the fit bit on the charger, and restart my phone. One of those three things normally work but I'm having to do this 3-4 times a day. I'm getting really angry now. I am missing calls and texts because of this.

Best Answer
Sorry this did not work either.
Your company needs to do so.trying on your end soon.
Nancy
Best Answer

I have tried all the suggestions from fitbit support team and as you all have agreed  they do not work.

Im glad to hear that a new version of the app is on the way.. i hope it works!! I miss seeing my steps accumulating. It seems the only solution!!  

Best Answer
Well, the directions didn't work.  My phone is a Samsung J3 which is on the compatible list.  My Operating System is 7.1.1 which supposedly is good. Apparently I will have to purchase another device, which definitely will not be a Fitbit!
Karen
Best Answer

I am having the same issue on my Moto g5 plus.  My Fitbit One  will not sync.  So far I've been able to open an old Moto g5 plus that still has the old app/dashboard and I can sync that way.  I participate in multiple StepBets and if I can't sync my steps, I'll lose major cash.  The instructions given in this thread have not worked for me.  Please fix these bugs soon

Best Answer

These instructions are not working for me.  There must be a bug in the app, please fix it soon, this is ridiculous

Best Answer
It did nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. It still
telling me no device found.
Best Answer

I agree I try everything and even talk to customer service and it's still the same thing it's still tell me tracker not being found now there telling me it probably my phone even though it's the same phone and it's been working since I got with them if I take out it turn Bluetooth off then on it will work for a bit the eventually say the same thing not finding tracker this is so frustrating

Best Answer

I cannot use my Fitbit because it will not synch.

Best Answer
Spoiler
My Versa is in three same boat! I've tried everything too,  including a factory reset.  Note my watch doesn't work at all! I've only had it about 6 months.  Don't have the original receipt.  Not sure if they'll honor the warrantee. I'm not happy at all!
Best Answer

I did the exact same thing! I'm pissed! I can't afford to buy a new device. 

Best Answer

I can sync manually but not automatically despite turning on the Always Connected and All-Day Sync settings. It also won't push notifications to my Charge 2. I've restarted my phone several times but it still says that I need to if I want to get notifications to work.

Best Answer

Thank you!

I kinda believe that too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also a flex and stopped syncing Aug 22.  Glad it's not just mine.  Maybe it's time to switch to another brand and tell Fitbit where to go.  Been with them for more than 3 years

Best Answer