Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with LG6 and Fitbit Iconic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been running my LG6 and Fitbit Iconic now for quite a while. Had zero issues with sync'ing until last week. Fitbit Iconic now only sync's sporadically. It is now Monday and the last time it sync'ed was Saturday evening. I've tried rebooting my phone, rebooting my Iconic and even rebooting both of them at the same time, all with zero results. I've even removed the Fitbit app from my LG6 and restalled it with zero improvements. I went to the Fitbit Help menu and followed all suggestions in the section for having sync'ing issues. Zero help.The Iconic is not retaining my steps taken, water consumption or calories worked off. It feels like now all I have on wrist is a very expensive digital watch that seconds as a paperweight. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Forums @SailorBob.

Thank you for trying all those steps before posting in here.

This might be happening because the LG G6 is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps with the syncing has worked for them.

If none of the above works, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well it seems the only way I was able to get my watch to sync with my LG 6 was to restore the watch to its factory settings and start from scratch. It works fine now. No sync'ing issues at all. My only question now is how do I change the default e-mail notification from .gmail to my other e-mail addresses. Can you assist me with this?
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SailorBob.

Thanks for sharing that going back to factory settings helped out.

As for selecting the notifications, you should be able to do by following these steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and go into your account by tapping the top-right corner of the app.
  2. There, tap on your Fitbit's picture.
  3. Go to notifications.
  4. There you should be able to select what apps are the ones sending you notifications. Please do know that you can only select one app per notifications type.

Hope this helps out! Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Stopped sync'ing yesterday again. I'll just use my Fitbit as a regular watch. Less stress.
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SailorBob.

It definitely seems to be related to the fact that the phone is not on the supported devices list. 

As I mentioned above, if you have access to a computer or another device you can use that to sync your Fitbit and get all of the information on to your Fitbit account.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue started to occur with my Lg G6 about a week and a half ago.  Before that point, my Fitbit Ionic synced fine with my LG G6 and I could even update it using my phone.  However, not it won't even sync with it.  My Fitbit is up to date and so is my phone.  What is going on here?  I know the LG G6 isn't on the supported devices list, but then again, neither are any of LG's newest phones (despite the fact that the iPhone X is on the list).  Moderator, please explain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Believe it or not, everything started working fine about 2 days after I had an e-mail conversation with a moderator. All issues have worked themselves out. Now I'm not sure if a fix was senr to my watch or if the watch started to work again on its own. Anyway, contact FitBit like I did and see what develops. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a live chat with a help person, and it didnt fix anything.  They just told me my phone wasnt compatible

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @88Alex88 and @SailorBob.

@SailorBob Glad to read that it did start working after all.

@88Alex88 There is a chance that an update on the phone's OS or one of the latest versions of the app caused further optimization issues and that's why it started to have all of the syncing problems.

In regards to what phones make it or don't make it to the list, there are several things that could influence that. Maybe you could support the suggestion to add the G6 to the list by commenting and voting for it, click here to see it. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how the suggestions work.

As I mentioned above, you could also try syncing with a computer or a different device.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes