Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with Moto E5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After buying the Fitbit versa and attempting to connect with my Cricket Wireless Moto e5 Cruise to the watch, I found that the app was unable to connect via Bluetooth to the versa device. After downloading the app on the computer and even the Xbox I have come to no solution. So sadly I will now have to return the Fitbit and in hopes that my next phone will actually be compatible. A major suggestion to Fitbit would be to expand their list of devices that Fitbit is compatible with....

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Welcome to the Forums @BreakingReign.

As you mention this might have happened because the Moto E5 is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it.

Please do know that our team is well aware of the multiple requests to further expand the list. Maybe you could post about a specific phone in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users can comment and vote on the idea to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit was working when I purchased it on 12/15/18 up to today 1/2/19. I have a Moto e5 plus. All of a sudden it can detect my Fitbit but it will not sync or connect to my smartphone. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Fitbit, I have tried turning the Bluetooth on and off, and I've also tried turning the phone on and off. I removed the paired device and tried to re-pair it with Bluetooth but it won't complete the connection. So now you tell us that it's not compatible? When you make an app, it should be universal. What do I do with my Fitbit now? Do I need to return it?

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my motor e 5 play....worked great and in January it will no longer sync...very frustrated

Best Answer

Moto e5plus! Same non-compatable issues

Best Answer

Same problem, Motorola E5 play, was working, now it sees the charge 3, but cannot synch...

Very frustrating!

Best Answer

I have same issue with Motorola e5 Supra and Fitbit Ionic.  It's intermittent.  I can go days with no problems then suddenly several days in a row I have to do a series of actions, none of which I've found a reliable sequence / pattern for yet, to reboot Fitbit, restart bluetooth on phone, etc. to get it working again.  It's a hassle.  One thing I have noticed is that it almost always stops working shortly after charging it while getting ready in the morning.  Not 100% but wondering if it is exacerbated when trying to sync while charging and getting hung up.

Best Answer

I am also having many issues with my Motorola E5 Play phone not syncing to my Charge3 fitbit.  I am beyond frustrated.  I have been trying to get this resolved since the beginning of the month.  I have had extensive communications with the Fitbit team.  I really like the fitbit's ability to track health data.  I want to be able to use it - correctly.  These are some of the errors I am constanting getting:  Unable to connect to Charge3, Bluetooth Issues, Does not pair.

Best Answer

I have same problem. The motoE 5 plus is not fully compatible with Fitbit app. Making the Fitbit not user friendly. I would like to recommend Fitbit, but I hesitate because it has compatibility issues. Hopefully Fitbit will make the connection more universal.

Best Answer

Hello,

I'm really confused by this information. My fitbit versa was set up on my Moto e5 plus for months with no issues that I could tell. However my versa completely died (which I've reported to fitbit) on me this weekend for no apparent reason. While this is being researched, I thought I'd start using my old blaze (which I retired b/c the wristband is tearing). I've tried since 5 am, but I haven't been able to set up my device. The blaze is available to pair, but my phone will not allow me to select it. Does that mean it's not compatible to my moto e5?

Best Answer

They DID mention it. Maybe you could make the phone compatible. I spent part of 4 days working on this crap.

Best Answer

I have the exact same setup. I've been trying to set it up for 4 days now. It never completed setup and is never consistent. It's getting returned. I've lost more sleep over this than it can track.

Best Answer

I think it would be a good business move on Fitbit's part to require that all sellers of their products have a disclaimer that states there is a good chance that the product may not work with the phone they are going to try to connect to, and the buyer should do research before purchase. I bought my wife a Versa 2 for her birthday and to my embarrassment had to return it. 

Best Answer

Yes, I have the same problem. My moto e5 is not compatible with the Inspire HR. The information indicates the inspire HR is compatible with 200+ phones. I thought I was good to go. Then I read the fine print...

I will be returning the inspireHR fitbit.

Best Answer

Has the Motorola e5 play phone been made compatible with the fitbit versa 2 yet? It is almost two years later from when you replied to a post saying it wasn't.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, with the updates sent to me, everything is working fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked fine with my moto e5 until May 11th. I am so disappointed. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my inspire he.  I am thinking none of the fitbits work with this phone even thought it did when I first bought it

Best Answer
Several months ago, I received an update.  Since that time, my Fitbit has been working fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

after uninstalling, reinstalling, twice, it seems to be working.  however, I can't seem to get notification of phone calls/messages as I used to.  I can't even see where that is an option. 

Best Answer