Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with Moto E5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After buying the Fitbit versa and attempting to connect with my Cricket Wireless Moto e5 Cruise to the watch, I found that the app was unable to connect via Bluetooth to the versa device. After downloading the app on the computer and even the Xbox I have come to no solution. So sadly I will now have to return the Fitbit and in hopes that my next phone will actually be compatible. A major suggestion to Fitbit would be to expand their list of devices that Fitbit is compatible with....

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32
I bought a new phone. There is a list of phones that are compatible with
the inspire. I don't remember the site.

Debbie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for participating in our Fitbit forums! I'd like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it your Fitbit devices are syncing with your phones now.

In the meantime, make sure that your phones have the most recent Fitbit app version installed. Also, follow the steps listed in this help article. After this, monitor your Fitbit devices and see if they sync properly.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine quit working/syncing with mine on June 22  versa lite. have tried everything. now phone cant find it at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Whoa.  Did you uninstall and reinstall?  I found that if you have the app on two devices, each with Bluetooth enabled, it causes a problem.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and do not use it when I am using my computer.  It can only do one bluetooth device at a time..at least that's what I figured out

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I did all that. Now it can't find my versa lite. It worked for 3 months.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa lite still won't sync with my moto phone. It did for 3 months.now can't find it

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 syncs with my Moto 5 plus just fine. But the firmware update won't sync to my Fitbit.

Is there an alternative way to update the firmware, for instance with the computer?

Best Answer
I am trying to do a firmware update with my inspire HR and I can't get it done. I am going to remove the software from my phone and my computer and try again. I can't do anything with either.

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png] Virus-free. www.avg.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes today I have tried to use my Moto e5 supra to connect to my fitbit inspire someone gave to me as a gift.  I tried to install the update but it only got to 50% and now says update failed.It has worked great for the last few weeks but now that the update won't download and install it won't update my steps in the android app.  I have android 8.0.  I also went to kentucky from missouri and since I came back it won't automatically update to CST from EST.  I am not sure what I did wrong.  

Best Answer

I have the same phone.it worked great for 3 months and then at the end of June it would not sync at all.it still will not.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I wish there was a way it could keep working. Its frustrating.
I just use my fitbit counter to count my steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Chiming in late here, but I have been extremely frustrated for the past week and a half with this same issue. I have had a Moto e5+ for the past several years and I had a Flex 2 and upgraded to a Charge 4 this past August. Love the Charge 4. Took a while to get it working with my app but then no problems until mid-January when it stopped syncing. I saw I wasn't the only one with this issue and I finally fixed it by uninstalling and re-installing. 

Flash forward to a week ago when it stopped syncing again. Nothing I can do has fixed it. I've tried all of the "help" on the help page. Repeatedly. Nothing. Works. SO frustrated!! The Fitbit is still registering what it usually registers, everything is up to date on the Fitbit and the app, my phone shows connection to the Charge 3 in Bluetooth, but.... nothing. Just "won't sync" and then this perpetual message on the top that suggests it hasn't been synced in a while. Extremely annoying. I was able to get it to sync to my husband's phone (a Samsung), so at least the week of data hanging out in my Fitbit wasn't lost forever. But why won't it work on my phone???? 

Best Answer

This is what I found.  It has something to do with Bluetooth.  I had to shut the Bluetooth off on my laptop and only use the Bluetooth on my Moto e5 or leave the Bluetooth on my laptop and shut it off on my Motoe5.  I actually removed the app from my phone and only use my laptop to track the data.  I have a HR and, I think because of some update, I can easily get my data on my HR so I don't need it on my phone.  I use my laptop because I can get more details regarding how I slept which I why I am really interested in.  I can get the number of steps on my HR as well as my laptop. .

Best Answer
0 Votes