Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with challenges on Android.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have synced my blaze but the steps are not syncing correctly to the work week hustle. It is 1000 steps out. All friends are in the same time zone.  I have installed new software to try and rectify the problem, unpaired Bluetooth and uninstalled/reinstalled the fitbit app. Nothing is working.  Also doesnt count stairs properly either. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @SunsetRunner, good to see you here in our Community, you are more than welcome.

I wonder if this issue is only happening with the Work Week Hustle or with other challenges too?

In the meantime I recommend to review the following post that will explain some of the reasons your steps are not syncing to your challenge.

Regarding your Blaze not reading your floors, make sure your tracker registers a floor when it detects continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet. Because the tracker looks for continuous motion, pausing too long when going up a flight of stairs can cause the tracker to not count the floor. Other reason of inaccurate floors is moisture. check if the pathway to the altimeter on the back of your tracker is  not clogged with sweat. For more tips you can review our page Wear and Care.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Roberto

Thank you for your reply. Just checked seems there is only a problem with
work week hustle. So, how do I rectify the problem please? If I quit the
challenge will I be accepted again for this week or will it be too late to
rejoin?

Many thanks

Angy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, at the moment are not reports of a glitch that could affecting the Work Week Hustle.

If the issue is not related to any of the previous suggestions mentioned on the post I have shared before, I recommend to contact our Support team, so they can review your step history with you, since they have additional tools that can help to investigate further this issue. 

About your question of quitting a challenge, you can ask again the owner of the challenge to sent you a new invitation, so you can join again.

Keep me posted if you have additional questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto,

I'm having the same issue. Currently my dashboard states 14k+ but the work week hustle states 11k. I've restarted my phone, Uninstaller and re-installed the app etc with no change. Please assist. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having trouble synching with workweek hustle as well. I have over 16,000 steps but it only shows 10,000 in the challenge. I have an Alta. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone and welcome to the Community!

Just so we're clear, is the correct amount of steps showing up on any of your dashboards?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it's good on the dashboard but does not translate to the work hustle challenge

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an alta as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lrmason and @LaVi, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Also I would like to say thank you for your help @DramaQueenDiva.

If the steps are not syncing with your challenges make sure of the following:

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile and is when is syncing in real time). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to let me know if the issue persists.

Best Answer
0 Votes