Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing to Sony Xperia

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi can anyone tell me can I sync my Alta to my Sony experia android phone as well as my computer ?If so how to set up on phone had no trouble synching to computer

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

THank you- I was having the same issues with setting up my Alta to my new iPhone 7.  I followed the steps to disconnect my Alta from my last phone, then turned off the blue tooth on the old phone.  Then I reloaded the Fitbit App onto my new phone, reset my Alta, and I was able to set it up on my  new phone.  Thanks for posting because I was really frustrated!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21
Tried syncing my Alta. to SonyXperia z Android phone can anyone help please
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GlendaB46 and welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Checking our compatibility list, I was able to verify your phone's model is compatible with the Fitbit app. As you mentioned the device is syncing with your computer, that means the tracker is paired to the account and when you download the Fitbit app on your phone and login to your account, it will be able to sync automatically when Bluetooth and Wifi (or data plan) are enabled.

Additionally, turn off the Bluetooth on the phone, wait for 10 seconds and turn it back on. If it's still not syncing, I would like to recommend resetting your Alta:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clasp the other end of the cable to the port on the back of your Alta. It will begin charging.
    User-added image
  3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 
  4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.
  5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Give it a try and keep me posted if you need further assistance!  Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi MarcoGfitbit,I have tried what you said and it still isnt syncing with my phone.

Best Answer

Hi MarcoG I reset my tracker as you said, still wont sync with my phone. It says tracker not found, PLEASE HELP, regards GlendaB46

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GlendaB46, thank you for keeping me updated!

Having tried the previous steps, I would like to recommend the following:

• Uninstall the Fitbit app
  • Restart your phone.
  • Reinstall the app and try to sync.

If it's still not syncing, I would like to encourage you to contact our Support Team. Let them know about the steps you've performed so far, I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist you further. Smiley Happy

Let me know if you need anything else! 

Best Answer

THank you- I was having the same issues with setting up my Alta to my new iPhone 7.  I followed the steps to disconnect my Alta from my last phone, then turned off the blue tooth on the old phone.  Then I reloaded the Fitbit App onto my new phone, reset my Alta, and I was able to set it up on my  new phone.  Thanks for posting because I was really frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Stephinator3 and welcome to the Community!, it's great to see new faces around. Smiley Happy

I'm very glad to hear your tracker was able to set up on your new phone and that is now working properly. If you have some spare time please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle.

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same problem with my iPhone SE and this is what worked for me. I was successful in pairing my phone to my alta after trying everything else.

Uninstall app

Restart phone

Reinstall app and it synced with ease!

Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CaroLav, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation! Smiley Happy

I'm glad your issue has been resolved and I appreciate you providing the steps you followed in order to resolve it, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many people facing the same situation. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

The secret to my success was to shut my cell phone off and then go to the FitBit app. It immediately led me to the dashboard where I could identify a new device. Thank you so much!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JFDJ, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your experience and the troubleshooting you've performed in order to resolve your issue. I really appreciate it. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm afraid I've tried everything but my iPhone 7 still only syncs with my Alta when the app is open.

I recently changed from an iPhone 6S to an iPhone 7 and have done the following:

Uninstalled Fitbit app on iPhone 6S

Deleted Bluetooth connection on iPhone 6S

Switched off Bluetooth on iPhone 6S

Reinstalled Fitbit app on new iPhone 7

Synced the Fitbit app with my Alta

Connected my Alta via Bluetooth on new iPhone 7

I have even tried turning my phone off and on as well as restarted my Alta. Nothing has worked.

When I had my iPhone 6S I was really impressed as it was so simple to connect my Alta and I even received text messages and it vibrated when the phone rang. Since I've swapped phones however, I've had nothing but problems and I'm close to just locking my Alta away in a draw and forgetting about the whole timeless business.

Please help!

Thanks, Jenny

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually cancel that, I've managed to find out how to do this.

You go into your Fitbit app on your phone, click on "account" at the bottom right and then tap "Sync Now". It then automatically reconnects to your Bluetooth.

I hope this helps anyone else experiencing the same issue(s) as it's taken me ages to figure this out. Unfortunately this isn't an intuitive piece of software and is hidden so unless you know what you're looking for or you stumble across it by accident, you won't know how to fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JennyH112, I hope you're having a nice day, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to try the troubleshooting steps you've described above and I'm very glad your tracker is now syncing to the Fitbit app. I would like to mention that in order for your tracker to sync with the app you can also press the touch and slide down your finger while on the Dashboard. The screen will be dragged down and once you release it the tracker will start syncing. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue , very frustrating !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi im having the same problem with a xa1 it seems that we have spent a lot of money buying a fitbit 2 in my case and it isnt compatable even though it lists XA ,I think Fitbit should upgrade the app so it will work on these phones so we havent wasted our money on a expensive item that we cannot use !!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This useful advice worked after several attempts trying other advice from several other posts.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my iPhone X to the iOS 13.0 today and now I am not getting any notifications on my FitBit Alta.  I have turned the Bluetooth off and on, turned the notifications off and on, reset my FitBit and nothing is working.

Best Answer

I just got off the phone with customer support, try going to settings> bluetooth>tap on the 'i" next to your device and toggle on> share system notifications.  It solved the problem for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes