Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing trouble

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just before leaving on a long camping road trip in May I was given a Charge HR as a gift. 18.122 had just come out and during the setup process I was prompted to update to 18.122 and did so. My Charge HR synced with my Samsung Android phone for several days with no problems. A few days into the trip it quit syncing. The symptom was chasing arrows that never stopped. So among other things I couldn't reset the time when we crossed time zones. 

During the trip I read this article, dated May 23rd: What's wrong with my Charge HR? It acknowledges that there is a problem, suggests going through the whole setup process "as if it is new," but notes that "the problem may recur."

The article says "Our engineers are hard a work on a solution" and "We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to provide a permanent fix as soon as possible." I didn't really have time to fuss with setting up my Fitbit, so I figured I'd deal with it when I got home.

So now it's two months later, I'm home, and I don't see anything about any new firmware update or any "permanent fix." 

What's the status of this known problem?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@dpbsmith Welcome to our Community! It seems that you have done everything possible for your mobile device but have you considered syncing your tracker with a computer? If you haven't you may want to try using the USB Syncing dongle originally included with your device. You will only need to install the Fitbit Connect software (or Fitbit app if you are using Windows 10), plug your USB dongle and log into your account at Fitbit.com.

I know this may not address the issue with your Android phone but you will still be able to see your information on the Android app and log your food and sleep if you want. Since you have already tried every troubleshoot for your Android I can only suggest you contact our Support Team. As far as I know there is no upgrade or exchange program so I am not sure if they will be able to offer you a different device (even if it a lower price one) but there is no harm in asking them about this possibility.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

When should I factory reset my Charge or Charge HR? says "You're using an Android mobile device and having difficulty with notifications or syncing." So I did so. And immediately after the factory reset and going through the setup process from the Android app, it synced fine, and continued to do so all day.

And now, the next day, it is once again not syncing and displaying all of the various strange, inconsistent behavior. The arrows will spin for five minutes and then just stop. Sometimes it will display a red circle with an exclamation point. Other times it will apparently show successful completion and indicate that it synced a few minute ago, but data in the dashboard isn't updated and the dashboard says the sync was unsuccessful.

Fitbit acknowledges that the Charge HR has known problems in What's wrong with my Charge HR? and says they "are hard a work on a solution," but the article is dated May and has not been updated.

Even if Fitbit would swap mine for a new one, nothing in their article or this discussion suggests that the problem has anything to do with individual defective units--it seems to be a generic problem affecting the Charge HR model itself.

So are there any cheaper FitBits that actually work, and will FitBit exchange a Charge HR for one that does not have known problems? My Charge HR was a gift and I don't need all of its functionality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dpbsmith Welcome to our Community! It seems that you have done everything possible for your mobile device but have you considered syncing your tracker with a computer? If you haven't you may want to try using the USB Syncing dongle originally included with your device. You will only need to install the Fitbit Connect software (or Fitbit app if you are using Windows 10), plug your USB dongle and log into your account at Fitbit.com.

I know this may not address the issue with your Android phone but you will still be able to see your information on the Android app and log your food and sleep if you want. Since you have already tried every troubleshoot for your Android I can only suggest you contact our Support Team. As far as I know there is no upgrade or exchange program so I am not sure if they will be able to offer you a different device (even if it a lower price one) but there is no harm in asking them about this possibility.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer