Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

Same issue.... frustrating

Best Answer

I am having a similar issue to the OP. I have tried all the reboot functions listed. Tried something new today. Switched my default messaging app to Facebook Messenger: can receive both sender and the text of the message. Switched to Verizon's Messages+: can receive both sender and message text. Switched back to the native Messages on my Samsung Galaxy S10, and now only receive the sender, no message. Based on other commenters with Pixel phones, this is not a Samsung issue. But seems to be a Fitbit issue. Any updates?

Best Answer
I received an update yesterday morning, I installed it and still the same
issue, just the name and no message. So frustrated
Best Answer

We have to wait for version 3.2 of the application.
The smartphone is not in question, it is the application 3.0 and 3.1, version 2.95 works properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone updated to that one last night. It still doesn't work. If any of
yours work with the new update let me know so I know if it is my device or
not.
Best Answer
Mine has been on 3.2 since July 23rd. So 3.2 didn't fix it, at least not
all the way.
Best Answer

@RicardoFitbit @AlessFitbit @Fitbit 

I just tested version 3.2, it still does not work.
I will wait for version 3.3.
2.95 -> Ok
3.0 -> No Ok
3.1 -> No Ok
3.2 -> No Ok

3.3 ??? Waiting for test 🙂

Best Answer

I'm having the same problems I have the samsung galaxy s9+ , it's been a couple of weeks since the problem started. There was a fitbit update today I was very hopefull. However after doing all the logging out unclick notifications etc, it still doesnt work !! So the waiting game continues. 

Best Answer

Same thing here. Hasn't worked since 2.95. I'm currently using v3.2. Android pie, Pixel 2, Charge 2. You've released 3 versions and still no fix. I rely on being able to see the actual message, not just the sender. If you're not going to fix it soon, you should provide a way to rollback to v2.95!

This is very disappointing. Especially since many users dealt with similar issues with text notifications late last year. It took 3 months to get a fix!

Best Answer
I'm on version 3.2. Same issue.

Randy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Been having the same issue for a while now as well. hope it's fixed soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

At least you guys are getting notifications...mine suddenly stopped even delivering them to my Fitbit🤦‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

I'm back on version 2.95 and text working again! OnePlus 7 and Google Messages.

"a p k mirror"

Best Answer
How ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you get back on the old version thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, it's a pleasure for me to provide an update regarding this situation, my sincere apologies for the delay in responding your posts.

Just as per previously mentioned, I'd like to share with you guys that we are aware of this situation and is preventing notifications to be shown. That said, I'd like to let you know that we are working on this situation and identify a resolution as soon as we can, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to each of you. Thanks for the feedback that was submitted on this thread, rest assured, we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services.

In the meantime we work to resolve this, I'll recommend to keep your Fitbit app up to date and make sure that you're using a compatible mobile device. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions, your understanding and patience are appreciated.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Search "fitbit" on the a p k mirror website. I would provide the link but it appears the forum disallows posting references to the acronym for android package kits.

Best Answer

Can you update us my Fitbit app has been updated I troubleshoot the whole device and app again started brand new and still no messages what's going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit wrote:

Hello @EricaCsunyo thanks for bringing this to me, it's a pleasure to assist you with the situation you're experiencing with the text notifications. By the way, welcome to the Community Forums.

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting your Charge 2 prior to posting. On similar situations in which users experienced the same, it was really helpful to restart the Fitbit. So, if you haven't already done this procedure, please try the following steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • For Charge 2—press and hold the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Also, to better assist you with this, can you please let me know which Android mobile device you're currently using and if the Android version is up to date? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on our help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

I'll be around. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Can you update us my Fitbit app has been updated I troubleshoot the whole device and app again started brand new and still no messages what's going on?

Best Answer

A p k mirror works great.  Thank you. 

Best Answer