Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

You are welcome 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it helps diagnose anything, this issue only just showed up on my fitbit after the last system update on my galaxy s7 edge about two weeks ago. Ironically, the messaging app on my phone is also acting similarly where it only shows that I received a message, not who from or any content, when my phone is unlocked. My preferences are set to behave like this when the phone is locked, but not unlocked. Is anyone having this same issue on apple devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Potatobug,  first thing I must say is I am not  a tech guy from  Fitbit. But a Fitbit user.  Who does have a S8.

I might be able to give you suggestions on how to fix your phone first.

The app for text messages may be 

Out of wack after that update. 

Try to uninstall the app, then if you really like the app do a reinstall 

If not find a new messaging app. And install that. If that gets your messaging app working,  Let me know and I can try and help get your Fitbit device working properly. 

Rollie20033 a Fitbit user 

Best Answer

Thank you! That is a great suggestion. It's Samsung's message+, so I could see it getting skipped during QA. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get that message app to work on your phone correctly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. Going to try the default message app for a while. The only option with message+ is to disable, not remove. So I'd wager I need a Samsung update not just an android update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

potatobug89, this will probably be of little help but,I use a Galaxy s7 also and had problems with no notifications showing up on my charge 2.  It lasted for over 2 months.  I "downgraded" my fitbit app to version 2.95 during that time and it worked just fine.  In late October fitbit released an update that has so far seemed to fix the notification problems on my s7/ charge 2.  I just mention this hoping it helps you narrow down your problem. 

An easy thing to try would be to go to your fitbit app, delete your device from the app and close the app.  When you reopen the app add your device again.  Not sure if it will work but worth a try.

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up switching to Messages, and then back to message+, on my phone and in the fitbit app. And the Message+ setting (Settings>Privacy Settings) that says 'show a preview of the received messages on the status bar and lock screen' had to be enabled. I didn't want a preview on my lock screen, but so far, that isn't happening anyway. So I think it was the verbiage of the setting that threw me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once your phone has messages correct,  then there are several steps to get your notifications working on your Fitbit device. If you want directions on that let me know.  It's not that hard to get your Fitbit device working properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still messed up. When is it going to be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I can't answer that  !

I am also a Fitbit user 

I fixed issues with my Ionic and I thought I would try and help others by posting a possible fix.

After making several posts , I was told by a moderator that I was posting too many posts.  He removed them from the community board,  any issues you have address them to  EDSON 

He has the power and authority to do what he pleases, making me a totally dissatisfied Fitbit user. 

Rollie20033 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this issue resolved for android users?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Issue is resolved, but reluctant let watch update, incase reoccurs.
Best Answer
0 Votes

DCN, I am just a Fitbit user 

I might be able to help you resolve some problems. 

But the issue of me helping you on this community board is not the place , because of a moderator saying I post too much helping people. 

But if you want some help,  can chat on Google hangouts or via email 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not as of today. 12/15/2019. Honestly, I don't think it ever will be. Its
**ahem** bits way of making you buy a new one every 2 years
Best Answer

Fitbit Update: 1/16/2020

Hey all,

My apologies for the delay in updating this thread. I wanted to confirm that we released a fix for this issue with app version 3.12 in December. If you haven't already, please make sure you're running this version of the app on your phone. We've actually released 3.12.1. after that and will have another new app version for you all soon. 

Wishing you all a great start to your 2020! Consider visiting our Health & Wellness boards for fitness and health inspiration discussions. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes