Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

Excuse me, but I am a Fitbit user also, with issues with my own Ionic.

My post I made were only suggestions to try and help so my people with their own Fitbit.

I don't work for Fitbit.

I have not made any suggestions on which Fitbit might work for you.

Approach this in a better way and I might try to explain some details that might help you.

Till then goodbye and good luck, Rollie20033.

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for trying to help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now getting texts and the contents with the Oct 19th update but no calls still.

Best Answer
0 Votes

both texts and calls are working for me on the 10/19 version. Also it seems to be syncing reliably whereas lately it hadn't been. 

Moto G7 Power/Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working for me after updating to app version 3.8 on 10/21.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@richardeid 
Sometimes the cache of the previous versions of the app create discrepancies and bugs.
Have you tried this?
1) sync your tracker data one last time to your fitbit app.
2) go into Android settings -> Apps> Fitbit app -> Delete cache / delete data and then "uninstall" app.
3) reboot your phone
4) install Fitbit app 3.8 from the play store.
5) reboot your phone

Best Answer

Richard,  try this to see if my suggestion will work to get all the notifications back.:

1) do a soft reset on your Fitbit 

2) have your username and password available 

3) uninstall the Fitbit app 

4) reinstall the app

5) check you still have the update 

6) sign back in 

7) open the app and tap your picture 

😎 under device tap set up device 

Do all the things till completed 

9) under the device area, tap your device

10) scroll down to notifications 

And check the notifications you want. 

(These are the default settings for notifications you want)

11) under app notifications you can add any apps on your phone for a notifications. 

Good luck rollie20033 

Best Answer

Try ALL the suggestions I made for Richard 

Should help 

Fitbit user Rollie20033 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rollie20033
Thank you, I try now.
Merci, j’essaie de suite.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you still want to get into your dashboard. 

Scroll to the top of the community board and under the Fitbit symbol 

3 lines are there tap and scroll to dashboard and you are there after a tap.

Fitbit user rollie20033 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Oct. 19 update, v3.8 worked for me also. Text with content and phone calls coming through, yay! LG G8

Best Answer

Just updated to the Oct. 19th version.  I did a simple update from the play store without uninstalling my old app. Everything appears to be working. I use a charge 2. Samsung Galaxy s7.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have downgraded to app 2.90.  Many users say app 3.8 works, some say not for them.  So what is the advantage of upgrading to 3.8 over 2.9 for a charge 2?  Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to add I'm using a Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

laserbeam1, As far as I can tell, Version 2.9 or 2.95 work just fine.  I've been using 2.95 for months with no problems.  I gave 3.8 a try because I would like to be running the most recent version.  So far its working great, but I'm not deleting my 2.95 download quite yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Sonoguy.  Been using 2.90 for a while here.  I also feel like you to just be using the latest update, but leery to try. Probably will give it a go this afternoon.  Will post the results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Laserbeam, if you do try that new update, it works ok 

but what I first had on my Ionic was a delay in receiving calls and texts

Look for the post I did for Richard, follow all steps and you can get your 

Fitbit to work as you want.

A Fitbit User: Rollie20033

Best Answer
0 Votes

DKM, The update will help, but doing all steps that I did for Richard on page37,38

you will find specific instructions, follow all of them and you can get your Fitbit to work correctly.

A Fitbit User: Rollie20033

Best Answer
0 Votes
Has anyone been successful in getting the Oct. 19 update to work with
Galaxy S10?

--
Lori
Best Answer
0 Votes

Rollie20033

Tried all of that.  Texts work properly, but caller id still messed up. Shows wrong caller.  Cleared the cache and that didn't help.  When you say there was a delay, did you mean from your phone to the fitbit on your wrist, or a delay until the caller id began working properly?  Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes