Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

Lori, I did the update on my S8 

It did ok but had delays in seeing the call or text on my Ionic. 

So I had to do that suggested fix I posted for Richard. on page 37 or 38.

Complete each of 11 things that can help you get your Fitbit device working as you want. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was a delay from phone to my Fitbit. 

Try to just backup a few steps to 

The app on your phone. And get to devices and tap (set up new device)

" we are trying to clear out the memory of what the Fitbit is trying to send you "

Follow the rest of the steps to confirm the setup is complete. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rollie20033 Thanks.  May try again tomorrow.  Went back to 2.90 for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hot the same useless response. I have an s10e and was not getting text masgs, just senders name, and getting wrong number on phone calls. I went thru all the suggested fixes and nothing worked. I finally found a place to download an old version of the app, version 2.9. I installed that and it works now. Be sure to go into Playstore and turn off the updates for  the fitbit app. I am amazed that Fitbit hasn't communicated anything to android users.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes same thing happened to me have up in the end, couldn't get rid of adverts.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was using 2.9 as a workaround and gave the latest Oct 19, 2019 3.8 (20243440, Android) version a try and texts are now working again!

Best Answer

It's been a while since I posted. Ever  since I switched to Android, I don't have the same problems as Windows Phone. Sync has been rock solid 99% of the time. However, sms notification has never worked on my first Android phone from 2018 till now.

I'm currently using the Vivo Nex with Android 9. Already tried all the troubleshooting tips previously. Just posting here to let Fitbit devs know this device has never worked.

Going to switch to Nex 3 (Android 9) next month. Hope I have better luck there. 😬

Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Latest update gives me text messages, but the wrong caller still.

Charge 2, Samsung S8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Artistic,  you might try this suggestion:

1) do a soft reset on your Charge 2

2) on your phone open the Fitbit app 

3) tap your picture 

4)tap your device 

5) do a restart of your device

That should clear up the old memory. 

6) go into notifications,  toggle off the call switch and then back on.

Tap where it shows your texts and make sure that info is all correct. 

That should have helped get things back in order.

Rollie20033 a Fitbit user 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest update was alright while it lasted. I no longer get text and call notifications again. I'm saving up for the Samsung Galaxy active.

And off topic, but whoever posted about the rumoured acquisition of Fitbit by Google was spot on!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been any progress fixing the issue with texts and phone call notifications on the Charge 2?  I have followed so many different instructions for fixing this, and nothing has worked!  My fitbit app now also has trouble finding my device every time there is an update.  I have a Motorola phone.  Any help would be much appreciated.  This has been going on since July.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I receive text messages now on my charge 2 just happened by  itself. But when I get a call it tells me its from the last  person in my call log not who is actually calling. Maybe now Google are buying Fitbit it may get fixed . Fingers crossed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I don't have a clue to what it will take to get things working again.
I guess you can say I am one of those few people who have had issues with
my Ionic. Lucky me
I got things working properly.

Good luck, rollie20033 a Fitbit user
Best Answer
0 Votes
All I can say is good luck
Rollie20033 a Fitbit user.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Call fit bit they helped 👍 but I still get the last person called instead of current call 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the link. Very interesting article.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues with the text notifications. My main reason for purchasing this watch was to be able to read my text messages while I was at work. Please let me know when it is fixed. Hopefully it will be soon.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

1) I am a Fitbit user,  don't work for Fitbit. 

I did a post trying to help others. 

Here are some suggestions to try, 

1) do a soft reset on your device. 

2) open the Fitbit app on your phone 

3) tap your picture 

4 ) scroll down to devices 

5) tap "setup device "

Follow those instructions. 

6) tap on your device and scroll down to notifications. 

7) tap notifications check each one

Calls button is on

Tap text messages,  and see is the correct message app you are using is on. ( note: my phone chose the wrong message app) 

Confirm the rest and things should be working properly.  

Good luck  Rollie20033 a Fitbit user. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, that worked! Not a very intuitive path for accessing those
features! Thanks for the reminder and the help!!
Best Answer
0 Votes