Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text notifications issues with Galaxy S9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am unable to receive text notifications on my Charge 2 from my Galaxy s9.  Is there a patch I keep to install?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

I know in the greater scheme of things, it is very small. But I am disappointed the new Galaxy s9 doesn't sync by itself to my fitbit charge 2. I have to do a manual sync. But I really liked getting notifications of my call, texts, and calendar entries on my charge. Fitbit, please help!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer

Hello there @ilysa, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for sharing the issue yoou are experiencing with me. At this time I've seen many users are experiencing similar issues with the new Samsung Galaxy S9, however at the moment this devices hasn't been listed as compatible.

In these scenarios the app may fail with certain features, since the Fitbit app is not optimized to work as is expected. If a device is not listed on fitbit.com/devices or the Incompatible devices list, this simply means we are not able to confirm its compatibility. Rest assure we are working to add more devices for the convenience of all our users.

In the meantime, perhaps the following posts might be of your help:

- Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this)

-My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app)

If more information becomes available I will let you know. See you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hello there @Lil-Crow, nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community! At this time the Galaxy S9 is not listed as compatible, which means it hasn't been tested to guarantee all the features of the app will work as is expected.

It would not hurt to try the following suggestions to address the notification issues you are experiencing: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

Rest assure we are working to add more compatible devices in the future including the new Samsung Galaxy S9.

Stay tune for future updates. See you around!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I just purchased the galaxy s9 on Monday and I was receiving text notifications up to last night when I updated my fitbit.

I hope the glitch is address soon......

Best Answer

Hello!

Well, I followed the instructions and I just had to restart my phone and I am back to receiving text messages notifications on my iconic. However, I do not see the option of being able to do quick response from the iconic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for your response.

I was spoiled with the notifications to my Fitbit 😊. I also work for a
software company and I understand how these things can happen. No
worries.

I love my Fitbit and I appreciate your efforts in making this great product
even better.

Have a wonderful day!

Lil-Crow
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response, but unfortunately that did not do the trick
for my devices.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Dominicanpikake and @Lil-Crow, thank you for keeping me posted and for your understanding.

So far the most recent information available, is that we are working in testing the Galaxy S9. Since this is the only information available at the moment and I do not want to create false expectation in the meantime.

@Dominicanpikake if you are using Android, note that this option is only available for iOS devices. Reason why you are not able to quick answer your calls from your Ionic. For more details please refer to the Ionic User manual.

As soon I got more information, I will let you know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even though my S9+ indicated my Charge 2 was set up and “synced,”  I clicked on “Set up a Device” in the Fitbit App on the phone.   It indicated to be sure Fitbit was lit up and if not, press and hold the button.  A message then appeared on the fit bit with “Notifications On.”  It has been working ever since.  Hope this helps….I know I was getting very frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have an issue with notification on my Galaxy S9,  but on mine I have started getting call notifications on my Charge2 despite this option being disabled in my app.  I keep all the all day sync, notifications, always connected etc switched off to maximise battery life so I have no idea how to stop this happening!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The articles are unhelpful and I am guessing listed just as distractions. My Ionic does nothing as noted by most people when trying to interact with a S9. Last Fitbit product I will buy and poor assumption on my part that new devices would cause a problem for a product DESIGNED to work with phones .

Best Answer

Best work around I've found until Fitbit makes the Charge2 and other fitbits workable with the Samsung S9+ is an android app called Fit Notifications. I downloaded and set that up and it sends me texts and calls.  Free app and I've had no issues with it.

Best Answer

For notifications, try the Fitbit Notification app on Google play. I have a Samsung Galaxy s9+ and it is syncing fine (has ever since I got it) , but wasn't sending the notifications.  I found the Fitbit Notification app and installed and set it up and now I'm getting call and text notifications. Think you can use it to set up other notifications too, but those are the only two I want.

Best Answer

When fitbit is going to be compatible with Samsung Galaxy S9?

Best Answer

Mine did not even connect 😞

Pairing is rejected by blaze

Best Answer

I get that S9 isn't "listed as s compatible device" but when I bought mine in March my messages came through fine and then all of a sudden at some point it changed to my only receiving "1 new message" instead of showing me who it's from and the message. That tells me that FitBit made a change that excludes the S9 and I really hope they correct it soon. It really stinks when something works great and then is taken away randomly!

Best Answer

I was able to get Fitbit notifications again on the Samsung Galaxy s9 by following instructions from another post to install the Fitbit Notifications app from Google Play.  I set the new app up as instructed and it worked like a charm.  I only use text and phone notifications, so this is fine until Fitbit gets the issue solved for the main app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone and thank you for sharing your feedback @Ldh90, let me give you a warm welcome.

Note that with non-compatible devices doesn't mean in won't work the app or the features the tracker has to offer, The difference here, is that issues like to one you are experiencing are prone to suddenly happen due to different external reasons, including app or firmware updates.

Rest assure we are working hard to make this phone compatible. I'm giving follow up to this, in order to keep you posted of any new progress.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I discovered that the issue was with a privacy setting on Message+, which is what I use for texting. I noticed the top notification on my phone also showed "1 New Message" which made me realize the issue was with my texting app and not Fitbit's app. Went to Message+, Settings, Notifications, and turned on the privacy setting that then allows a preview of my text messages, all was good again!! 

Best Answer