Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text notifications not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I suddenly stopped getting text notifications, after getting them fine for the past year. I have done everything suggested in Troubleshooting but nothing has worked thus far..any ideas?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @MamaLori.

Thanks for trying everything on the troubleshooting page.

While you have already gone through them, I'd like to recommend that you try to follow these steps, in order, once more. 

Additionally, I'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried syncing or setting notifications up with any other device?
  • When did this start happening?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
I have done all of the steps listed and it is still not working for text notifications. This problem started about one week ago.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MamaLori.

Thanks for going through all of those steps and letting me know when it started.

Did you sync your Fitbit with another device or computer when this started happening? If so, do you have that phone or computer at hand? It is possible that the Fitbit bonded with that other device when it synced or set notifications up with it.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
No, I have not synced my Fitbit to any other devices and this is the same phone I have always had. It is a Samsung Galaxy 4 and I know the newest Fitbit update (from 8-6-18) does not work on that version of Android but I am not going to go buy a new phone anytime soon. The text notification feature is one of the best things I like about my Fitbit and I am frustrated that it isn't working anymore. Please help!
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MamaLori.

Thanks for letting me know.

There is one more thing I'd like to you to try. Please try to remove your Fitbit from your Galaxy S4's Bluetooth list and then set it up as if it was a brand new device. Then, set the notifications up again. That should definitely help out.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes