Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned Android Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
1,339 REPLIES 1,339

I would like to know why the new design is an improvement. Why is it better ? What are the improvements ?"

Best Answer

I would still like like to know why the new design is an improvement. What is better and why? 

Best Answer
Well, they have stopped responding to any comments on this site, so we may
never know the whys.
Best Answer

67 pages of complaints is the end...

Best Answer

Let's Try  to get past 67!

Best Answer

for some strange reason it never goes beyond 67, wonder what might be the reason...

Best Answer
Afraid of the number 69 which is the sign for cancer the crab perhaps?
Best Answer

Is Google reacting here ?

What is the use ?

Best Answer

Let's not forget the design team is takeover by idiots. The ''new'  sleep design is so much worse than it used to be. Stupid millionairesses taking over ? I don't know. But a few courses in in XS design would be helpful. 

Best Answer

Never mind.

Best Answer

Hey!! where at 67 pages of complaints about the 'new' layout. That's an improvement!

Best Answer

Oh. They changed it again. For the worse. Sleep tracking is now totally useless, like everything else they've changed.

Best Answer

To my surprise this update is even worse than it looks at first glance. Looks like it isn't possible to amend sleep hours anymore. This app is getting close to not being useful anymore. If google keeps rolling out more crappy updates like this, I'm more than happy to give their competitors a chance. This is just not worth the money they are asking.

Best Answer

Horrible new UI. Please bring back the older Design…

Best Answer

Every new update seems to be going backwards. The new sleep interface is just the latest in backward steps.

Best Answer

Just gone into the app for the first time since the update and it's dreadful

The sleep section is much harder to understand at a glance, messy, ugly - I actually hate it.

Please sort this out fitbit. You've messed up with this one.

I'm definitely never upgrading if this is the look from now on. Disappointed. 

Best Answer

I was really happy when Google bought Fitbit. Fitbit always had great stat tracking and a solid app but their hardware was janky, laggy and woefully designed. The Google Pixel Watch is a huge step forward in bringing some "premium" to the Fitbit brand but it's absolutely incredible that at the same time, they've absolutely destroyed the app and the stat tracking. It's 2024. As a UI/UX designer myself I know people want simplicity and clarity, with front line stats showing important data with optional click-through to extra details. The app is an overcomplicated mess.

My main page says the word "today" next to stats FIVE times. Yes, I know it's today because it says TODAY at the top of the page. Also, I didn't click any other day on the calendar, so I'll assume it's today. It doesn't need to be re-iterated everywhere taking up space.

Everything is dark and indistinguishable, using the same few shades of green and purple - MORBID - this is health tracking not a funeral app - HAPPY colours please! Badly drawn icons in charts where the actual numerical total could be is another waste of space. 

The stats are really weird. If I click on zone minutes I get taken to the daily page. Clicking "week" because I want a weekly total I instead get a pointless "average per day" total as my front line stat - huh? The average for some reason includes today's incomplete figure and is therefore MEANINGLESS unless I'm viewing the page at 11:59pm. Where's the actual weekly total minutes? The IMPORTANT bit I'm told I need to track to make sure I'm meeting the recommended amount? Oh, it's in a tiny font invisible at the end of a sentence in low contrast text underneath the average. Argh!

Sleep tracking? You took that beautiful, easy to read "at a glance" graph where I could easily see the red "awake" and lovely deep blue "deep sleep" amounts clearly and made it all shades of dark (again)? And not happy with already ruining it you then wrote the sleep duration OVER THE TOP of the graph? Just wow. Why not print it upside down too, make it a real challenge to see anything?

Are Google working on their own health app? Because this app is now so bad I can only assume it's being purposely sabotaged to push people elsewhere.

Best Answer
By this updated design they push the people to apple watch…
Best Answer

Yup, I was a lock-in for the Pixel Watch 3 (using #1 at the moment) but the app design, the overpriced premium on top just to get data that should be free... I'll certainly be looking around at the competition (and their apps) now. Shame, I've been with Fitbit for 5-6 watches now purely because the stat tracking was so good - without that, they have a lot less to offer.

Best Answer

Your new design is horrible and totally not user friendly. I am very unhappy with the design and inability to clearly get sleep information. I no longer can see the typical range percentage in each sleep cycle in the benchmark area. I miss the oxygen chart as well. Your old format was easy to read. The new colors are horrible as well. The chart format extremely difficult to read. My sleep tracker is not working properly either. Please bring back the old graphics. Why change a good thing????

Best Answer