Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned Android Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
1,339 REPLIES 1,339

If you guys wanted us to have 'happy stepping', you'd allow us to go back to the prior version. This new one sucks!

Best Answer

It’s terrible. I had the old interface perfectly customized. This new oversized, too bright, dumbed down display is infuriating and this might be the thing that ends up getting me to switch to an Apple Watch.

Best Answer

Where do I find the max and min HR for workouts, as well as the calories burned per minute. I have been tracking these in a spreadsheet for years.

Best Answer

And now I can't seem to get back to my results page; it won't allow me to leave this community page! 

Best Answer

I don't like the new dashboard...it is only displaying 2 out of the 4 metrics I had before the update, and I cannot find a way to add the other 2 metrics to the dashboard. Not happy

Best Answer

It's dull.

Best Answer

The new update makes the interface as as exciting as reading a junk mail insurance brochure. Everyone has already pretty much laid out what is wrong with it.

Seriously...I am not buying a fitness watch from GOOGLE nor am I buying (upgrading to a new FITBIT watch.) I can't believe this rollout is nothing more then an attempt by GOOGLE to kill FITBIT. At least give people the option to rollback the update.

Haven't seen such a product disaster since the intro of NEW Coca Cola rollout (1985) or Windows 8 (2012)  Yeah...I'm that old (70).

Best Answer

I've now found the running totals for the week for steps, mileage, calories exercise but they were there 'at a glance' before - you didn't have to hunt around. Fortunately the tables for heart rate and sleep have not changed from previous which is a relief and the week can be seen in one click with colour coding remaining. Thanks for the responses but disappointed in this update overall. Too much emphasis on giving averages. It needs improvement.

Best Answer

Tepaul were you able to find the weekly step totals somewhere?  If so can you please let me know where to look?  I'm still just finding averages.

Best Answer

This version is awful! The screen is difficult to view and add in data. What was your design team thinking!!!

Please go back to the previous version for the way the screen looks on the phone!
  I have been a loyal Fitbit user for 3 years but I'm ready to purchase a smart and bale of Fitbit.

Best Answer

How do we revert back to the old version. The new one is awful.

Best Answer

Please listen to your users and not you design team.  This upgrade is a huge step backwards. PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD SCREEN!!!

Best Answer

The new version sucks. How do we revert back to the old one?

----

Not being able to see trends is infuriating. Will start looking for a better app. Not paying for this.

Best Answer

how can I roll back to the previous version?

Best Answer

On your display it shows Activity (2 of 5) on the screen.  Mine shows readiness.  I use both and can't get activity to the top.  How do I do that?

Best Answer

The first of the month is coming, your graphs are about to disappear...  Addition of a last 7 days and a last 30 days selection would make them more meaningful all the time.

Best Answer

So no one else has said this. I updated to the new app last night & can now no longer even sync my phone (Galaxy S22). With other minor things & now the new look, I'm going to dump my Luxe & get either a Garmin or a Samsung watch/tracker. Because, if my Fitbit doesn't sync with my phone, it's useless.

Best Answer

UGH! Where IS the thumbs-down button? Telling us how to do things that aren't going to make it better. I have a very short-term memory so HOW do I get it back the way I had it when I cannot remember what was where.

Best Answer

I called customer service and was told you can't go back to the previous version.  I hope that Fitbit is looking at the feedback. I have not seen any positive comments. Maybe they will decide that they care about how their users feel about the app and  have their design team correct the way the app looks in our phones

Best Answer

Talked to customer service & sync problem is solved. I had to restart the tracker. 

While I still hate the new look, I was able to customize it so it's a little better. Thanks for the tips on how to do that. Don't like that the heart rate shows only as a range though.

Best Answer