Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned Android Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
1,339 REPLIES 1,339

Hi @JTatEHT - this is probably the best place as it's not relevant to watch firmware upgrade if you are talking about the new Fitbit App display. See How do I go back to the old dashboard?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing you will say help other then agreeing with your customers that this is a total failure 

You can go on a site that keeps versions of fitbit including the one from august 20th which is the last one before this disaster version . There is all kind of risks doing this but if you have a wizz it person they can navigate you om how to do it . One of the risks is currupted data ..

Yoi cant put back the previous on

This is supposedly the super new fitbit app redesign but readiing the comments of their customers they will realize its a total failure

Get Outlook for Android<>

Best Answer

Why is it uglier and how do I put it back to the way it was?

Best Answer
  • It is absolute garbage
Best Answer

I did reinstall and still got the new version 🥶😱😭😨

I removed the auto update of fit bit app then desinstall and reinstall .and got new version . I guess only the new version is available on play store . 

Best Answer

Hi, everyone, I see a new version of the "Fibit" app SW has appeared v4.0.1 The battery SOC tally remains unchanged but the process for editing the "Today" screen has been improved. 

On the “Today” screen of the Fitbit app on your phone,touch the pen icon in the top right corner of the focus card to edit, swipe left to see 5 preconfigured cards. The 6th card is “Custom Preset”> Select the metric you want to change> Select the new metric>repeat until you are satisfied.

Now swipe up to “Show/hide other metrics, " and switch on those you want to see in the “Today” screen. Note that you do not need to switch on the metrics you have selected in the focus card. You can move the metrics cards up or down the ladder using the two arrows, note you can’t impact individual cards, they move in groups, for instance, nutrition, sleep, activity etc. Once you have the screen set up SAVE (top right corner)

To access the detailed data represented by the icons in the Focus card and the individual cards in the ladder touch the icon or card to be taken to the familiar screens from the earlier version of the app.

I hope this is useful.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

I really really dislike the new update and I just want my old graphics back. The font is too large so i dont see everything at once, it's not as colorful and it just feels outdated. Is there a way to change it back? Thank you

Best Answer

The GPS tracking on exercises such as walking  or cycling is a joke. I used to be able to view in detail the map of the exercise I completed. You could see the names of streets and landmarks etc. Now you just get a line on top of a blank map. I cycle in an area next to the Atlantic Ocean and it doesn't even show the name of the body of water just a line next to a large blue area. Are you kidding me.  What knucklehead signed off on this?

Best Answer

Hi, @Spaghetti_Pops, welcome to the community, you may find this thread of interest  Charge 5 battery status not showing - Page 2 - Fitbit Community  

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

This is not an improvement ! Compared to what we had before . Can you oisten or read all the comments ? We want the old version back . Dashboard is something that gives you an overview now we are scrolling tbrough big white empty space . This is design 101 .. did you give the contract to a 1st grade kid to do that redesign... 

Just stop the joyfull corporate thing and go to your boss telling them this is awful. You need to be blind not to realize this update is a disaster in its looks functionality avaialbility of the information etc 

Best Answer

Hi, @Tepaul, welcome to the community, If you touch the (let us say Steps) icon in the focus card or one of the other "ladder" cards you are then offered tabs Day, Week, Month, Year along with daily averages.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer

It's a bit of an improvement over the previous update, which was awful. It's easier to see steps per hour, for example, but you can't see battery percentage at all (which is vital when your fitbit is off your wrist charging!). 

Best Answer

Also I was going to buy my fiance a fitbit for Christmas so he doesn't have to run with his phone in his pocket, but I am seriously considering a different brand because this app is awful 😅 anybody have suggestions?

Best Answer
I'm getting ready to switch as well. The new interface is a huge step backwards. Can you imagine if your car did an update and removed your fuel gauge and downgraded your GPS and display?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

My fuel gauge is already wonky. Very 1st car it didn't work at all I just had to guess. So yes, I can definitely imagine 😂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Much to our significant dismay this morning, my wife and I were confronted with this bloated new UI on our phones with no ability to revert the UI to the previous, nicely compact and configurable UI.  That this update was installed imposing this new UI without the option to keep the old vastly superior interface is doubly annoying.  Given that the data structure is the same there is no functional reason why a user shouldn't be able to revert to what was a much more compact UI.  I'm older, but my eyesight is just fine.  So I don't need everything enlarged so that I now need to scroll to access information that was nicely formatted on the first screen of the old UI.

Best Answer

I've been using this app for 6 years. It's an amateur move to not give users the option to use the former interface, which in my opinion was more intuitive and easier to use. The new dashboard is clunky, basic, text heavy, and actually added more steps/clicks to enter data and customize the main dashboard. What were they thinking?

Best Answer

I also came here to find out if I can switch back to the old version, this new one looks terrible

Best Answer

I just synced my rowing machine to my Fitbit App -- like always.  Nothing shows up.  Nothing.  I think FitBit/Google accidently shipped the dummy demo app.  If you click on the sync button, nothing happens.  If you workout, nothing happens.  Nothing happens!

I am guessing that this was subjected to exhaustive testing.  There was one guy, he was exhausted, and he tested it for 30 seconds -- exhaustive testing.  Next time, let the guy get some sleep and have him try it for a week.

Best Answer

@Gr4ndp4 

Now you can change your screen shot to the new version, so people know what you are talking about.

Best Answer