Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned Android Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
1,339 REPLIES 1,339

Still half asleep, I wanted to check my sleep score on my Cell Phone. The Versa 4 phone app went into a crazy reformat mode without asking me whether or not I wanted to change my format. The new format on my cell phone is horrible; it is a change and not, definitely not, an improvement. How do I go back to the old format? 

I have Fitbit Premium. Also, my phone service is with Google, powered by Android, and I switched my Fitbit App to Google/Fitbit, which means that it runs on my phone, but not on my computer.

Best Answer

I hate it! I’ve been trying to figure out how to change the appearance as I need it to be dark and I cannot figure any of it out! They should allow us to undo the update 

Best Answer

Where have the running totals gone in the updated app? Can't find the weekly running totals for steps, active minutes or anything? Very upset about this

Best Answer

Received the new app overnight. Frankly, it's a massive downgrade - so much so that I thought there was a problem with the app not rendering the tiles and styles properly and restarted my app to get rid of the bug. I am very disappointed having just picked up a versa 4 (which I will now likely look to return if an option to rollback isn't issued).

It is hard to believe that this would pass any form of QC check. I've had my watch for about 14 days now, and if this does not get resolved I will be making the switch to Garmin.

Please listen to the community.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Hi, @Eoinmb welcome to the community, I note you've had your Versa 4 for about 14 days. You should check Fitbit's return & warranty policy which varies depending on where you live.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Hi, I have received the new updated version of the app this morning - I really don't like it! I have had Fitbit for years and loved the previous view and layout, it's just what I'm used to. Is there anyway to revert back to the classic view? I don't think I'm going to be able to get used to this new layout!

Best Answer

It literally makes my eyes hurt and figuratively they're bleeding.

Best Answer

@Rachael2 you may sign up for the Beta program for the Fitbit app in Play Store. This seems to prevent me from getting that update. I still have an old version of the Android app despite it's been a while since the new app was released. Being signed up for Beta probably is a reason why I didn't get the update yet.

Best Answer

I am a faithful premium Fitbit user because I have loved the app so much as well as the device. Exceedingly disappointed with this update. Absolutely hate it. It is so unpleasant to look at and the premium account is so expensive that they should give an option to users.  I stuck with them and was so appreciative of how they handled the problems with the ionic, but for so much money annually, and really hating the look of the forced upon update, I will have to consider other options. Very sad as I've been quite a Fitbit fan.

Best Answer

100% agree on every point. I have loved my Sense and the interface absolutely undermines all of it

Best Answer

Well said!

Best Answer

Yup, this too

Best Answer

Totally agree. A designer’s nightmare!  Can one go back to the previous version?

Best Answer

Did the Fitbit app interface just change this morning? I loved the way it was before and how it was organized and now it seems to be stuck in this awful color and setup that I can't fix or change properly. I've only had the app for a few days and it sucks that this might be permanent.

Best Answer

I uninstalled the new app and installed Fitbit from Play Store Tuesday and got the old version back. I went into Play Store again and turned off auto updates for Fitbit, but when I opened the app this morning, low and behold, the new version is back. And the first thing it did when I scrolled down is lock up and then I got the message that Fitbit has stopped. I totally hate the new version. May have to look into other fitness trackers as this one is not worth my time.

Best Answer

Dream on google is mak8ng sure fitbit dies rapidly to pish their own watch it is sick and sad 

Best Answer

I'm not @Eoinmb but I'm fairly certain that's not the help he wanted...

Best Answer

It is no longer the ivory tower of fitbit it is Google tower and therefor they dont care because clearly someone approved that useless badly designed app 

Rule #1 a dashborad is meant to give you an overall view ...the previous one was doimg this . Tbis ome you have to scroll and scroll and scroll through large empty space .. So Google wanted this tbey wanted to make sure Fitbit would fail to sale their own watch 

Pathetic 

The only way to prove what i m saying is wromg is that they roll back that poor version but they wont .

Best Answer

The goal is to make fitbit die so their own google watch will be all that is left

Best Answer

After zero positive review . I have never in 5yrs heard a comment about a smartwatch app at the gym now this is the topic and people are angry disgussed

Even though we all think google wants it like that so fitbit dies rapidly and only their watch survives ..the omly way we can continue to believe in this cie is that they do a rollback ..to calm their customers.. 100% disatisfaction !! Bravo 

Best Answer