Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned Android Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
1,339 REPLIES 1,339

Unfortunately now that fitbit is google I strongly suspect they will be listening even less to customers than they did as fitbit. 

This is just one of the nails in the coffin for the fitbit brand. Google will make fitbit devices basic activity trackers and if you want premium device they'll force you to buy the pixel. No more sense or versa style premium fitbit devices.

I really like the fitbit health and sleep tracking and battery life. I've been in the eco system a long time but feel like in the next 5 years google will kill all that was good about fitbit leaving me to switch to Garmin which is about the only legit health tracking company left anymore. 

Best Answer

Not a fan. Hate the blinding white screen!

New interface on top of the old one. So if you go to add food you end up on the screen that is the old style.  

Is there a way to back to how it used to be before this version was pushed out. Would have been nice to be able to make a choice!

Best Answer

The New interface is horrible.  It doesn't even show battery life in the app. It's like having a car that doesn't have a gas guage.I may have to switch to another product. This will definitely not work for me.

Best Answer

Hello @Rongil and welcome to the Community.  The Heart Rate card shows your live heart rate.  You see a heart rate range if you're not wearing your Fitbit or it lost the Bluetooth connection.  Sadly, Fitbit removed the animated heart, a feature I liked. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Since the new version 4 of the app downloaded onto my Samsung Galaxy, I can no longer find the Davina 6 week exercise videos. I have weeks 1-3 that were favourited but unable to find week 4-6. None of the search filters help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer

can't track exercise anymore, temp changed to Celsius. no support. 

Best Answer

New design is not intuitive, utilizes hard to find, or no longer exist. Help forums are no use. Why do developers feel they have to change an app? Frustrating to say the least.

------

Utilities are hard to find...

Best Answer

The new pp does not display the battery charge % on Charge 5 as it used to.  Running Android On Samsung S22 and Fitbit Charge 5

Best Answer

@whiskeytango wrote:

Why can I only see the last exercise session in a day? For example, previously the app would show multiple exercise sessions on the screen, each of which I could expand. Now, I just get the most recent, with no way to find/access today's earlier workouts. I dug around in the app but found nothing. If this isn't fixed, it's a MAJOR dealbreaker for this Premium member.

I also want to see all exercise sessions in a day, not just the last one! How do we see previous exercises?

Best Answer

Not one single positive review ? Then you must be doing something wrong!
Can we have the old interface back? The new one adds no new functionality, Bland and boring UI design. Stretched out dashboard (it should be compact, easy and fast to glance at). No improvement at all. 

Start listening to your customers instead of to your marketeers!

And why does the app suddenly starts moaning it needs location ? Was never needed before, functionality hasn't changed. Just trying the steal some more of your user's data ? A fitbit isn't free, I already paid for it. I don't have to pay with my data as well.

Best Answer

Hi all. I've found a workaround.

Instead of going into the Coach tab (where I cannot locate the OwnYourGoals Davina Challenge series, no matter what filters I select) try this...

Go into Settings and FitBit Premium > Explore your Premium Membership > Video Workouts.   
The OwnYourGoals Davina Challenge appears!

I've set all of them as favourites now so we're good
You might want to feedback to the development team that there is something odd going on.

I guess there may be other video content that people are struggling to find - so try this backdoor route to the Premium videos. good luck
Best Answer

My personal (strong!) preference would be to relegate the days ‘in range’ info to somewhere down the page and replace it with ‘calories’. I will nearly always know, or not be too bothered about, how many past days I have been in range, whereas calories used so far today is useful information.

If I swipe to the bottom I don’t get a customise option???

Best Answer

It's awful.  Can I opt out? I liked the old interface infinitely better. Bolder, easier to read.  I didn't like to have to scroll so much to see a dashboard. A dashboard to me is ideally one screen that you can then drill into to get more detail. This redesign is a big step backward. 

Best Answer

I have a Charge 5 and today, it stopped Mobile Tracking.  So I Force Stopped and re-opened and connected my android phone.  Mobile Tracking is fixed but my phone screen is completely different than it was this morning.  Before I was able to drag top of screen to sync charge 5 to phone, now it is different and actually very ugly with green icons and text.  How do I get my old screen back?  Screenshot.jpg

Best Answer

This new interface is awful. Form over function. Way too much white and less information due to bloated icons that don't offer anything of substance. Please reconsider this design, or at least allow users to revert back to the old style. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Best Answer

I don't like it.  Old one was better for me.

Also where did battery percentage go???

Best Answer

Hey guys what did you do with a new (ugly) version of the app? Baterry level dissapiered from app? Why?

Best Answer

My app updated yesterday to latest version with new front end and now I can't see the battery level anywhere, it used to appear when you did a manual synch but doesn't now. Is this a design feature or a hiccup with the software update. I have a Charge 4 with app on a Moto G50, thanks.

Steve

Best Answer

It appears that we gave up more options for the Google interface. No longer have the nice appearance. No longer have the battery percentage. And no capability to revert back or change, customize for user preference. Not happy with this!!

Best Answer

Hello @Lessaca and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit announced the app redesign in early August.  Blog post  You can still drag the screen to sync your Charge 5.  I'm sorry, but you can't go back to an earlier version.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes