Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned Android Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
1,339 REPLIES 1,339

Google gmail supper classic gmail view (I hope they never change this). Why not OFFER A CLASSIC FITBIT VIEW. Then those of us who thought it worked great can still use it and those of you who want meaningless giant icons on a non customisable screen can enjoy that too! 

Best Answer

I am really unhappy with the latest update. I suppose it was meant to make it more customizable however in the effort I feel like it lost a lot of the features that I liked. I know it sounds silly but I enjoyed getting my fireworks every evening when I completed all of my steps, miles, zone minutes, etc. I really looked forward to them and sometimes they were the motivation to get me up and moving to make sure I got all my steps in. I also miss the the status bar for the exercises. I actually find myself very sad every time I open the app now. I wish there was a way to go back. 

Best Answer

This

This update is horrible.  I can hardly look at it, not easy to read, and anyone with vision issues will no longer be able to use Fitbit. 

bring back the classic  version. It was much better. 

When  my Fitbit dies, I will need to consider other brands as Fitbit is being destroyed but by bit. So disappointing, after so many years being a loyal customer. 

Best Answer

This new version of Fitbit is absolutely horrible.

How can I get the old version back?

Best Answer
For android you'd have to download an app of a previous version from somewhere. It's pretty easy to do.

I'm gonna cancel my subscription. Not paying for premium when they have UI developers making everything monotone.

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer

Not a fan of the new app.  My dashboard does not look like the one in this picture - the biggest icon is "calories burned" and not my steps.  I want to see my steps first and foremost.  Then off the 3 smaller icons one of them is weight - I do not want to see my weight on my dashboard!  I used to have "Distance" as one of my small icons.  I want to edit the look of my dashboard and I've been sitting here for over 30 minutes trying to figure it out.  Can you help?

Best Answer

Hi, @easy411, welcome to the community, it's always a good idea to read the earlier posts in a thread before hitting the keyboard. 

My earlier post describes how to proceed.

"

The New Fitbit app

You will note that the new app uses a different process to personalise the “Today” screen.

On the “Today” screen of the Fitbit app on your phone, swipe up to the bottom>Customise>You are presented with the “Focus Card” with 4 icons, swipe left to see 5 preconfigured cards. The 6th card is “Custom Preset”> Edit pen in the top left corner of the card> Select the metric you want to change> Select the new metric>repeat until you are satisfied>SAVE (top right)

Now swipe up to “Show/hide other metrics, " and switch on those you want to see in the “Today” screen. Note that you do not need to switch on the metrics you have selected in the focus card. You can move the metrics cards up or down the ladder using the two arrows, note you can’t impact individual cards, they move in groups, for instance, nutrition, sleep, activity etc. Once you have the screen set up SAVE (top right corner)

To access the detailed data represented by the icons in the Focus card and the individual cards in the ladder touch the icon or card to be taken to the familiar screens from the earlier version of the app.

I hope this helps.

Cheers"

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree. I used to love my Fitbit and it lasted forever. Now they are junk that need constant replacing. Sad to say, I am moving to an Apple Watch. This just tipped the scale. 

Best Answer

The sync seems to hang quite often and I miss that I cannot pull down on the sync to see that the battery level is.  When I'm charging, I use to use this feature to see when it is fully charged.  In all, not so excited about the upgrade.

Best Answer

Your first step, "On the “Today” screen of the Fitbit app on your phone, swipe up to the bottom>Customise>You are presented with the “Focus Card” with 4 icons"

doesn't work for me. Swiping up doesn't bring up any menu to customize anything. I need to click the pencil icon near the upper right to get to the focus customizing area.

By the way, that pencil icon is missing from your screen shots of the app on the first page of this thread. Yours show a > in place of a pencil icon.

Best Answer

Hi all,

I hate the new app. Does anyone know a way of reverting back to the old one?

Best Answer

I absolutely hate this new app. Where is the streak steps? I can’t believe you took that away. That was such an incredible inspiration for me. I was on day 471!  Hate that I don’t have that. Also miss the “party notifications “. I am 😭 

Best Answer

Could you explain how you got to battery level, please?

Best Answer

I am quoting A1 Human,
A1 Human

"If you click on the icon in the upper left corner, then click on your device, you will get to a screen that shows your device, when it was last synced, firmware version, and battery level. It doesn't show percentage, just full, medium, or low. I know that is a huge step backward, but at least there is something somewhere."

Thank you A1 Human!

Best Answer

Over the last 9 years, many users have complained with every change to the Fitbit App.

Best Answer

I am also totally unhappy with the update, and trying to find instructions and getting my screens back the way they were it’s not happening. When this Fitbit dies, I will probably go to an Apple Watch or some thing else because this is a horrible layout.

Best Answer

I uninstalled & installed the Fitbit app and it rolled back the update on my Pixel 6!

How sad that the only positive post since the update was how the updated Fitbit app kept crashing a Samsung S20 and the fix for the crashes AND the horrid update was to uninstall/install the app to roll back the update!!

Thank you Wickedwanda for sharing and not playing "I have a secret!".

Five Stars for Wickedwanda, a black hole for Fitbit.

Others have also posted that reinstalling the app rolled back the update.

Here’s how to turn off Auto Update for the Fitbit app after the reinstall for Android:

Open Play Store.

Tap your profile icon top right corner of the screen.

Tap Manage Apps & Devices.

Tap Manage.

Scroll to find Fitbit App.

Tap Fitbit App to expand the menu.

Tap the 3 Dots top right corner of the screen.

Tap the checkbox next to Enable Auto Update.

Tap the 3 Dots top right corner of the screen to verify Enable Auto Update is not selected.

That’s it. I hope this helps.

Sorry Apple people, I’ve no idea.

Best Answer

Totally agree!  I want to move the things up in theblist I'm interested in individually.  Now they are grouped, and I can't re-order them singly!  

Best Answer

Add me to the list of unhappy. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Got the update this morning Iam not a fan as you cannot make changes to the layout. The new grouped areas I do not like, as you cannot move the information into the order that you want. The font is too big and takes up too much room on the Screen.

The Set your focus you can only have 4 metrics information not the 5 metrics on the old app.

Wish I had not done the update.

I hate the new app.

Best Answer