Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Syncing with your Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are multiple troubleshooting steps you can try. Make sure you check the required settings on your phone and try all the recommendations listed below before posting on the forums for further support. 

Requirements

• Your phone is running the latest version of Android OS. To check, tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
  • Your Fitbit device is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app?
  • Your phone is connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
  • The Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone is turned on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • You have location services turned to always on, and the Fitbit app has permission to access your location. For more information see, Why is the Fitbit app prompting me to turn on location services?
  • If you use more than one phone or tablet device to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it.
  • Your phone isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. If you have multiple Bluetooth products like speakers or headsets paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  • Your phone doesn't have a syncing issue listed in What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?
  • Your Fitbit device is charged.

Troubleshooting

1. Force quit the Fitbit app, then reopen it.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart it. For instructions see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  4. Open the Fitbit app.
  5. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart your Android phone.
  6. Open the Fitbit app.
  7. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  8. Open the Fitbit app. 
  9. If your device doesn't sync, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync. 
  10. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone and try to sync.
Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

Tried that, doesn't work

Best Answer

I have to do all of the above every day. Fitbit Inspire still does not  recorded all  my "daily active activities". I miss a lot of burn calorie points due to this issue. I miss out on my rewards with my go365 health plan as well. 

I am not happy about that at all. I would like all my achievement's documented accordingly. 

Thanks for your attention.

Best Answer

Hello Fitbit,

The syncing problem on Android app in not isolated one and I read lot of feedback here on the community page.  Are you guys going to do anything about it?

I have my personal  OnePlus 9 and company provided iPhone SE.  I cannot regularly sync my OnePlus 9 with Fitbit Sense.  It would only 10% of the time while iPhone would sync every time I refresh the screen.  I have reset the sense twice, factory reset my phone as well and still can't get this fitbit sense syncing normally with my OnePlus 9.  I have no problem if I pair a fitbit Charge 4.  So the problem is with FitBit app on this ONePlus 9 device.

Is there anyone else have same syncing issue on other phones then please let these guys know by posting here so they would finally do something about it.

Best Answer

I honestly believe that fitbit messed up something with last app update in the March.  I switched to Sense in March and cannot get this **ahem** sense working with Android app.  I syncs flawlessly with iPhone SE so it is **ahem** app problem and FitBit is nor doing anything about it.

It is a sad sad situation and I'm about to through this away after 6 years with multiple devices.

Best Answer

Same here, it is fitbit app on Android.  Sense will sync with iPhone without any problem. 

Best Answer

I have checked everything you mentioned in this post from other posts and still have same problem.  Fitbit sense will sync only when it wants which is about 10 to 20 % of the time.  I can pickup the work iPhone anytime and it would sync 100% of the time.  Unfortunately, I don't carry my work after 5:00 pm and on weekends so it is supper annoying that Android app is messed up and Apple is not.  I'm at a point where I might switch to garmin or someone else after 6 or 7 years.

Best Answer

- Oneplus 9 with latest Android 11.

- The red "!" and no error

- I purchase my Sense after the update. I don't believe my charge 4 had any problem after the update.

- It will sync automatically some times without trying but fails most of the time. I have to turn my iPhone SE on to sync the app sometimes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a specific list of devices that the app will work with, Android seems to not always be Android when it comes to phones.

Try here and it appears that if it is not listed, it will not work.

Dexcom Compatibility Tool | Dexcom

----------------------

I can only say AMEN to the frustration. Should not be a process, get out of the app, stop the app, restart the app then maybe it will sync.

Suppose the developers are "I" people and I am proud to not have one.

Best Answer

Mine is going from bad to worse. I have the versa 2 and have the Luxe on pre order

---------------------

Update: I turned off Bluetooth, also turned off and restarted the app. When it came back up the sync now was back. L.looks good now

Best Answer

Fitbit sense stays connected for a few minutes and sometimes hours after you turn Bluetooth off and restart app.  It randomly syncs without trying and sometime only way to sync is turn my work iPhone and sync with Fitbit Sense.  The funny thing that I can sync it iPhone anytime I pick it up and refresh it from main screen. 

The fitbit app on Android 11 broke after they released last update and it seems like Google does not give a **ahem**.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is a Samsung s10+, with Android 11 system. Every time I keep trying to search the watch through the app, it keeps saying not found. Or the couple times I've been lucky, I've reach the 4 digit code screen, but no numbers appear on the watch. Just keeps scrolling the "download fitbit app" message. 

And I've done all troubleshooting at least a few times. I'm at my wits end. 

It started after the last fitbit update about a few days ago. I noticed that the time was off by six minutes at one point. The. 2.5 hours behind the right time the next.

And no, it's not syncing at all. 

Best Answer

Done all that and nothing works! This is a problem which keeps happening from time to time. Works perfectly for months then this happens. As it stands my charge 3 is not fit for purpose at present. When was the last update 5 June by any chance!!! 

Best Answer
I have an Inspire 2 and Samsung A21 phone and this is what seems to work most of the time.

Close the FitBit page by going to the windows and sliding the FitBit app up or just hit close all.

Go to Settings, Apps, FitBit and force stop.

Return to the home page and hit the FitBit icon to start Fitbit.

If it does not sync automatically, at the top of the screen, just below FitBit and Today, slide down and it will indicate "gathering information" then release, if it does not sync, repeat the process, have had to do it a couple of times.

If it indicates that it could not sync, do not hit fix it, go back to the top and close the app, force stop and retry the sync process.

Good luck, this has been the closest thing to a sure thing that I have found. Do not understand the requirement of closing, forcing, restarting everything to get it to sync.
Best Answer

What is this?

I have massive issues using my Charge 2 with my Honor 20 lite.

Like I have managed to sync the band with the phone a few times during the day but never when I wanted it or forced it.

Plus this way I have mostly no connection to the gps of my phone with my band and

I only have this band to track my distance during running and biking.

This way it is 100% unusable for me, I just used my phone only the last few times running. Because when I needed it I could not connect

to the band, what ever I tried.

I force stopped the app multiple times restarted my phone, reinstalled the app. Even took a powerbank with me in the forest where I go for my runs to be able to restart the band there. And Nothing! worked. some hours later without my doing I see in the app that it synced some time later, when I force a sync again then it gives me the same error: unable to sync band, pls try later.

This is extremly frustrating.

I mean there isn't any other bluetooth around either, which if that would really be a problem then **ahem** thats a big fail.

I thought with FitBit I went for the pricier but better fitness tracker and now I have it and its useless because of the app?

Seriously?

Best Answer

- Samsung Galaxy 20 FE 5G

-No

-Yes

-No

-------------

Oh, and Android version 11

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting the app worked for me, but it's literally the only app I use that I have to regularly restart my phone to get it to work properly.  On Android 11.  It's not a great look, and the experience I've had so far would not encourage me to recommend Fitbit to others.  Given the size of the Android install base, it's very surprising the Android app seems to be so 'frail'.  Would strongly suggest reinforcing your testing processes, particularly around "critical functionality" like syncing.

Best Answer

I see a few possible sync issues but many old sync issues have been fixed by the update (I'm using Android 11 and  a Charge 4 running 48.20001.00.43) - in general things like Hourly Activity and Water Consumption are syncing much better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. Mine is brand new. Frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues. I have a Samsung S9 and a brand new Sense. Upgraded from Ionic because it broke. I think it's an ssue with the Sense. Never had these issues with previous fitbits. If I would've seen all these complaints,  I never would have bought it.

Best Answer

My Charge 3 stopped syncing with my Android Moto after I inadvertently let the Charge 3 battery go dead.

Sync never came back after the Charge 3 battery was recharged.

I tried everything (well, almost), many times, and was about to toss it, until...

...I went to Walmart and bought the cheapest burner Android phone they carried ($13), brought it home, charged it, and hooked it up to my home wifi connection.  (I didn't even bother swapping sim cards with my regular phone.)  I installed the Fitbit app and was able to immediately pair my Charge 3 to the new phone and then sync it. 

I then turned off my new phone, turned on my old phone, and opened the Fitbit app. 

Guess what popped up on my device list?

My old friend, the Charge 3!

Best Answer
0 Votes