Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Syncing with your Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are multiple troubleshooting steps you can try. Make sure you check the required settings on your phone and try all the recommendations listed below before posting on the forums for further support. 

Requirements

• Your phone is running the latest version of Android OS. To check, tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
  • Your Fitbit device is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app?
  • Your phone is connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
  • The Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone is turned on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • You have location services turned to always on, and the Fitbit app has permission to access your location. For more information see, Why is the Fitbit app prompting me to turn on location services?
  • If you use more than one phone or tablet device to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it.
  • Your phone isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. If you have multiple Bluetooth products like speakers or headsets paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  • Your phone doesn't have a syncing issue listed in What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?
  • Your Fitbit device is charged.

Troubleshooting

1. Force quit the Fitbit app, then reopen it.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart it. For instructions see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  4. Open the Fitbit app.
  5. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart your Android phone.
  6. Open the Fitbit app.
  7. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  8. Open the Fitbit app. 
  9. If your device doesn't sync, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync. 
  10. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone and try to sync.
Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

Look, i found a bit easy way to sync with my Sense. I have Honor Note 10 phone running last Harmony OS by Huawei. As all here, i hadgreat problems with syncing with Fitbit products - i have Charge and Sense. But occasioally i found, that if You have Fitbit app open, on PC the page of Fitbit open, running on Your Dashboard, and if You connect Your device on the same WiFi, syncing is comong in 1-2 minutes. Hope to help somebody...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too had the FitBit app open on my PC as well as on my Android phone. Sometimes the synch would work, sometimes it would fail to work. The problem as I see it is the unreproducible protocol for synching the app to the watch.  Each time you attempt to resynch the app to the watch when the two are hours or days from a successful synch, only by using a different protocol can you resynch the app to the watch. Now it could be a confusion of bluetooth signals as when the phone, the digital pad, and the PC are all monitoring the watch using bluetooth. I have yet to test that theory.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For months, I have had trouble syncing Fitbit with Samsung phone.

Today, I happened to open my Account Setting and under Authorized Services there were 2 Samsung devices listed (one was attached to Chrome settings). I revoked access for that particular "duplicate" device and now my phone syncs.😊😊

Best Answer

@maryph64 Nice to see you again in the community.

Thanks for sharing what has helped you to sync your Fitbit device with your Samsung phone. I am glad everything is back to normal. This should help other users as well. 

Wish you a very nice day. Have fun with Fitbit!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tied all of it on with my new Nothing Phone 1 but still cannot constantly sync with Sense 2. Why? This gets out of control 😞

Best Answer