Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add new Friends to a closed group

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I have created a closed fitness group and have had several new Fit Bit friends added.  Most of them were in the Friends list for me to add to the group but the most recent 3-4 are not.  All of them are in a daily goal challenge with me, so there is interaction there.  Is it a user setting preventing me from adding the newest friends?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@LoriB. A warm welcome to our Community!

I will assist you with adding friends to your group. Not sure what could be causing this as you describe the standard procedure to add a member but you can try doing this from a different device. You can check the instructions here and you could share them with your friends so they look for the group.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I appreciate the reply.  The procedure link you sent is what I am following.  I guess I will need assistance.  What information do you need to add these friends to the closed group?  ThanksLori

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Alvaro,

I am following the posted instructions yet cannot see the friends I need to add when I try to from within the group.

Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no resolution to this issue.  Please advise.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

Same issue, did anyone get it fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not at all.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I have new friends I am adding to my group and they do not show up at all for me to add them. If I disband the group then they show up. I dont want to have to do that each time a new person wants to join. Please advise Fitbit!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Only showed one friend available to add to the closed group when I have over 30 friends.

How do you disband? I guess I'll try that to add them all.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I have added a bunch of friends and none of them show up in the list when I try to add them to the group. There's over 60 in the group so I don't want to disband and start again. 

Really would appreciate some help on the matter, it seems i'm not the only one having this issue. 

Best Answer

I’m also having this issue. I’ve set up a new group and have been able to add a few friends - some who I already had on Fitbit and some who I’ve added as new friends before adding to my group. 

I don’t seem to be able to add one person who was already a friend. I’ve sent the invite and it states she’s invited when I check the status, however she’s had no notifications to tell her about the group. I’ve tried removing her and re-adding her as a friend to see if that helped but I’m still stuck. It still says she’s invited and there’s no way for me to cancel that invite to retry. 

Help needed please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit was there ever a fix discovered for this? I created the closed group (CIMC Challenge), and people have been friending me on Fitbit so I can add them to the group. When I click the pink add members button, most of the new people are not showing up to add. I just see a bunch of my old, inactive friends. I have been able to in invite six people (need to invite about 20), and four have accepted the invitation. On my list, they still show up as invited only. People are coming on me. Help 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. My new friends do not show up to add to my group. Has a resolution been found? 

Best Answer