Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add new barcodes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I scan a barcode that does not exist, it says it is possible to add new products with just a couple of photos, but nothing else happens.

Is there an actual way of accomplishing this?

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Hi. 

It's now March 2016 and there is still no option to add barcodes to the database if you're not in the US. Are there timed plans to address this? Because I'm seriously thinking of ditching my Flex because of it. It's NOT a difficult fix.

Thanks

Sarah

Best Answer

I'm very disapointed that this product does not function properly outside of the US. 

And no I'm not having a great day!

Best Answer
Useless response will not be recommending fitbit product poor customer support
Best Answer
And this right here is why I use MyFitnessPal....
Best Answer

it is not a solution there are scanners that give full ellements breakdown.
if this is not possible surge is just a expensive gsk with little xreen as all the othert things alo exst on oter aps. the beautowould be to have it integreaal in bitbit .
ty Patrick

Best Answer
0 Votes
Will this feature EVER be integrated?
It's really annoying.

If you can't provide enough bar codes and therefore won't implement this feature, simply let us users add the bar codes!
Best Answer

Please add the scan barcode function for the UK too. It's so ittitating and slow to add everything manually.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! If you are interested in this option for your local food database then please vote for the idea in our Feature Suggestions board. The more popular an idea becomes the more likely the developers will try to implement it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also using HTC One m8 can't get it to work getting annoyed anyone able to solve this 

Best Answer

I'm live in the UK so basically I can't scan nothing been trying to click on add to database nothing happened I'm not going to go though custom foods for everything I eat that would take ages fitbit needs to get this sorted thanks for telling us we cant do it Dave would have kept wasting my time trying cheers bud 

Best Answer

Dose anyone know when this will be sorted don't like buying things that don't work 100% seems a bit wrong for something to be sold that's not all there

Best Answer

People have been complaining for a couple of years. Fitbit seem really uninterested in doing anything about it

Best Answer

Voted and waiting.

Best Answer

After I posted here, I took the advice of a poster here and synced up with myfitnesspal and it works really well. The two apps seem to interact really well. Just a heads up

Best Answer

Yikes, 2 years on and still not resolved for UK users. My barcodes are still unrecognised, it says if I want to help out by sending pictures, I can... BUT...  that's all it says, there's no link for me to upload pictures. Purchased my first Fitbit 3 days ago, it's inaccurate and doesn't do what it says on the tin... it's quite possible I'll be going back to Jawbone. 

Best Answer

Shouldn't need to use a third party for something it's already advertised to do though... very disappointed.

Best Answer

@Anomilux616 can you please tell how did you sych myfitnesspal with fitbit ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, it doesn't even give us the chance to add photos/barcodes.

Best Answer

No, I'm not doing great this morning, having just wasted my time trying to use the useless food option.

Then I read the patronising replies to peoples detailed submissions.

And to cap it all, the issue is tagged as solved. NO IT'S NOT!

As has been pointed out numerous times:

1.Non US customers can not add barcodes, so stop displaying the message outside of the US or invest in your product so that we can.

2. Fix the issue with the decimal point, so that we can at least struggle on in the meantime, by adding meaningful values to our custom items.

3. Actually listen to your customers and respond to thier questions rather than giving a stock response.

Best Answer
I'm so tired of Fitbit's sarcastic (?) response to this problem.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer