Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Alta HR after Fitbit app update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought in March and not syncing since accepting latest update in June. No problem before my update with Samsung j4+. Now not showing as a compatable device with Alta hr. What's  happening?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Owly55  thanks for bringing this to my attention, welcome aboard. I'm happy to assist you with your Alta HR syncing difficulties.

Let me share with you that the Samsung Galaxy J4+ is not currently listed as a compatible device with our products and services just as you stated in your post, therefore, you may experience certain connection difficulties with it. I'm aware that some users are able to use non-compatible devices with our Fitbit products in the past, however, we cannot ensure a proper function of all its features due to this compatibility concern because of Fitbit app, Android and device updates. Therefore, even though your mobile device is not compatible, lets give it a try to our help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

If by any chance you're still unable to use your Fitbit with your mobile device, I suggest you to try with a compatible device or a computer to avoid this situation

I'll be here if you need anything else, please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried everything that has been suggested and nothing works I think the best solution would be to reinstate the compatibility of the Galaxy Samsung J4+ which was compatible before the 17th June. I will be requesting a refund if the issue is not resolved.

Owly55
Best Answer

Hi @Owly55 your reply and update is appreciated, my apologies for the delay in responding.

Your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation is appreciated. To move forward with this situation, please make sure that there's no other Bluetooth device connected to your phone or nearby. Then, follow the below steps, some of them you already tried, but the order specified is important:

1. Restart your Alta HR.
  2. Please on the phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, and remove all the connections that exist with the device. (Forget device, ignore or unpair depending on the version of the operating system of the phone)
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth and restart the phone. (Switch off and on again).
  4. When the mobile device is back on, turn the Bluetooth on again but do not attempt to connect to the Fitbit from here.
  5. Go on the app and try setting up the Ionic as a new device.

Thanks for your suggestions and the feedback provided. Rest assured, Fitbit is always testing non-compatible mobile devices to verify that they meet all the requirements to work in a proper way with our products and services. My best advise will be to try with a compatible device if you continue experiencing difficulties.

For any refund-related inquiry, I recommend you to check our warranty policies here.

Keep me posted

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have followed the instructions you gave to the letter. The device pairs I get the four digit code then after that it keeps saying device not found I have also asked a friend to download the app and try to register my device but she only gets to the same point as me. The other issue is I have gone on holiday (new time zone) and now can't use it as a timekeeper. I am really disappointed that after having my device for only 4 months I'm experiencing these issues. I am now requesting that you refund the product as it renders useless to my requirements.

Owly55
Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Owly55 it's a pleasure to continue assisting you. Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

Seems odd that even after trying the above steps you're still experiencing difficulties with your Alta HR, your effort troubleshooting this matter with me is appreciated. Can you please try the setup process with a different mobile device? Maybe borrowing a friend's mobile device or tablet that are compatible so I can determine if this is being affected with your mobile device or the Fitbit account as itself. 

Please take in consideration that since your device is 4 months old, it's not eligible for a return-for-refund procedure as per our warranty policies, in case you bought your Fitbit directly from our store.

Don't hesitate to ask me any additional questions you may have, I'll be around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes