Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync with Galaxy A40

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is going off?  Had issues syncing my alta to the a40 since last july!  Sometimes it works for weeks, the  it stops and its stopped syncing again.  When are you going to sort out the phones and syncing issues?!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Ltcatgirl. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about the syncing issues experienced with your Alta. I'm sorry that you've having this experience and let me help you with this matter. Before anything else let me explain that your Samsung Galaxy A40 isn't part of our compatible devices list  and this might be the reason why your tracker isn't syncing. As with any other app, the Fitbit app was optimized to work with certain models and ensure a full performance. Your phone might have fulfilled the minimum requirements which allowed you to sync before, however there isn't a guarantee that it'll always work.

That said, I'd suggest to try the troubleshooting steps described in our help article. You can also try with a compatible device to see how it goes.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this phone since july 2019, it's not a top of the range samsung s11 so why has it not been put on the compatible list yet?  When will it happen or is it a case of before you upgrade your phone  you have to check its compatible with Fitbit?!  Rubbish.  Time to change I thing to a Samsung watch, which will be compatible with my Samsung phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ltcatgirl. I'm sorry for my delayed response and thanks for keep participating in this thread.

I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts about your phone's compatibility. I truly understand your point of view about your Samsung Galaxy A40 not being part of the compatible devices list. Fitbit has been receiving  feedback about different devices and they're working hard to add as many devices as they can after ensuring the Fitbit App will work flawless with that model.

While your phone isn't yet part of that list, my best advice is to try with a supported device so we can determine if the compatibility of your phone is the main factor of the syncing issues. I also found this request shared in the Feature Suggestions board. Take a look and add your vote to show your support. That way it can gain the attention of our developers. Please know that your feedback will be taken seriously to work on our services and enhance your Fitbit experience.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes