Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock my Fitbit ionic from my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My child entered my tracker lock code wrongly many times and now my device is locked and asking to unlock from my phone but it's unable to unlock from my phone as well, I checked online and was told to restart my tracker which is also not happening when I press left and lower right button to restart my tracker it doesn't restart. I was also told to unpair and reconnect my device and tracker so I unpaired my phone and trying to reconnect it with my tracker but the tracker not showing 4 digit PIN to connect to my phone, it shows it's usual message to unlock through phone. Kindly guide me through and get rid of this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Uzair did you unpair the tracker from your Phone through the phones Bluetooth menu? This is how to unpair the tracker and the user will not be able to pair the tracker to the phones Bluetooth 

I hope the tracker was not removed from your Fitbit app and Fitbit account, this will keep you from being able to unlock with phone but it sounds like this is what was done. 

May I ask which model you have? 

For the future you would go into the Fitbit app. Tracker settings and set a new passcode, see the last question of the lock FAQ. I would also suggest enabling the lock for just Fitbit pay and not the complete tracker. 

OK we will need to do a factory reset this will also loose any unsynced data and disable the credit card. 

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, and continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Uzair did you unpair the tracker from your Phone through the phones Bluetooth menu? This is how to unpair the tracker and the user will not be able to pair the tracker to the phones Bluetooth 

I hope the tracker was not removed from your Fitbit app and Fitbit account, this will keep you from being able to unlock with phone but it sounds like this is what was done. 

May I ask which model you have? 

For the future you would go into the Fitbit app. Tracker settings and set a new passcode, see the last question of the lock FAQ. I would also suggest enabling the lock for just Fitbit pay and not the complete tracker. 

OK we will need to do a factory reset this will also loose any unsynced data and disable the credit card. 

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, and continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, I removed my tracker from my Fitbit app and Fitbit account. I don't know my tracker model, I tried to find out but couldn't find it on the box and user guide, can you tell me where I can see my tracker model.

Anyway, thanks for your help I did a factory reset of my tracker and now it's fine. Thanks a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes