Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 Pro not compatible

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

when will Fitbit be adding the Huawei p20 pro to their list of compatible devices? Seriously considering a different fitness device at this point! 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Hi @MorrisC751, thank you for joining us in the Fitbit Community! I understand there are many member of our Fitbit Community eager to see more support for Huawei phones including the new Huawei p20 Pro.

I appreciate you have shared your comments and If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch.The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices

We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

However for confirmation on specific mobile devices, we don't have an estimated timeframe, even us as moderators.

If there are more updates regarding compatibility, stay tuned to our Fitbit Community.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Morris is right, I've upgraded my phone to the Huawei P20 Pro and now my charge HR won't sync with my new phone despite following a variety of instructions from numerous forums. It's unacceptable. C'mon Fitbit!!

Best Answer

Fitbit won't work at all on my huawei p20 pro. I was going to purchase a new fitness tracker, but if the app can't even track steps on my device - I probably should stay away from getting a Fitbit?

The p20 pro will be one of the top most popular devices for android so its a bit crazy you haven't piroirtized a fix! 

Best Answer

WHEN will i be able to use my fitbit again?? Just bought the Huawei phone and now my fitbit is useless! FIX THIS!

Best Answer

Hello, and welcome to the forums @DebsinSurrey@Canuto and @Mjiaow

As it was mentioned previously, the model Huawei P20 Pro is currently not listed as a compatible device. Unfortunately, at the moment we haven't received any other updates about this.

Some users have mentioned that they are able to sync with some devices that are not officially compatible, and they have also found useful the steps provided here to resolve syncing issues. However, it cannot be guaranteed that syncing and other features will work properly unless the phone is on the compatible list. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using a Charge 2 with my Huawei P20 pro, although it works it is sluggish. Fitbit and Strava don't play well together either on this phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you been able to get your fitbits GPS to work properly with your p20 pro. I don't seem to have much luck when running or cycling tracking my route?

Best Answer

I didn't even know that the Fitbit Android app has a list of "compatible devices."

I've been using the Fitbit app with my Blaze on the P20 Pro (Android 8.1.0) since 12 September and previously it was working fine, I just have difficulty sync-ing (like it would take me 10 minutes or multiple repeated attempts, maybe even restarting my watch until it finally syncs). But at least it was working!

Today however it's no longer working. I already installed/uninstalled/reinstalled the app, cleared the cache, cleared the data, and no go. I removed the Blaze from my profile and I tried to re-add it, but even before showing me a list of Fitbit devices it already shows me the dreaded "fitbit.com is down for maintenance" error message! It's been 9, almost 10 hours of trying and still like this 😞 not happy at all

Funny thing though, my wife has absolutely no problem on her iPhone. Why is the Android version so substandard?!

Best Answer

This is all you ever get from the Mods on here - But pointless really - I know there not technicians as such but Really Such a Waste of a reply 

Best Answer

I tried this morning (27 Sep) and it finally worked. No other change I did to my phone - did not restart, did not turn off/on bluetooth nor restart my tracker. I just retried 6 hours after the last failed retry, and it worked.

Clearly this was a problem on Fitbit's side of things. I hope they fix this, or at the very least they should be able to detect when users are having problems with this so they can resolve it immediately. From a company like Fitbit, I expect a lot.

Best Answer

Thanks for your replies and for providing your feedback about the experience with Fitbit and Huawei P20 Pro @Yecats6, @SunsetRunner, @andrejohncruz@Ta2man

I would like to provide more details than what's already been shared in this thread previously about the compatibility of Fitbit with Huawei P20 and other devices, but unfortunately we haven't received more updates on when we'll be able to see more phone models included in the list of compatible devices

Non compatibility can certainly affect syncing and other features like Connected GPS and notifications, but it is recommended to follow the steps provided here, since they've been useful to other users. Please note that it can't e guaranteed that all features and syncing will work properly unless the device is listed as compatible. 

I hope this helps. 

Best Answer

tried all of the steps in the section and more and still it  will not work - thanks for the info thou

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Ta2man

Best Answer
0 Votes

Our charge 2 goes for sale, it's a peace of crap. Our huawei. P9lite never worked with fitbit all. Now we have a p20. Never worked. Fitbit must be a chamed! For us. Never again fitbit...

Support is 0

Best Answer

I switched over from a Samsung to a Huawei P20.  Migrated all the apps and settings.

All the BT devices were migrated over as well - including the Fitbit Charge 2.

I have not even realized to try to sync to the Charge 2 for the past few weeks as I have not launched the Fitbit app.

Sure enough, when launched - the app had no data sync since I switched over to P20.

Connecting to the Charge 2 is not working with the BT.

Removing (un-pair) the Charge 2 from the P20, that will basically make it permenently from the P20 as P20 will not see the Charge 2 on the BT listed devices to pair.

Sad.  Just when Charge 3 is being launched, I guess I have no need to look at Fitbit devices to replace my two year old Charge 2.  Charge 2 did well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Peter886 and @joske3568.

Thanks for sharing all of the steps that you have tried so far before posting.

@joske3568 Did you get a chance to try all of the steps suggested above by @DavideFitbit? If not, please do give them a shot as some users have mentioned that it works for them.

@Peter886 Do you happen to still have the Samsung around? Is it being used? It is possible that your Charge 2 could've bonded with it and that's why it is not being found by the P20. If you still have it around, maybe you could try checking on the Samsung's Bluetooth settings to see if the Charge 2 is there and if it is, remove it from the paired devices list there. Then try to sync once again and that could help. It is certainly worth a try. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My P20 pro works witch charge 2

Best Answer

Hey @Petrad.

Thanks for letting us know about this! 

Did you try any particular steps to get it to work or it just did? Keep in mind that as long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, it is possible that it does work, we just can't guarantee it.

Be sure to also visit the Discussion boards if you have the time. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

No did not do anything particular. Hope it keeps working. I even have the impression it works better than my charge 2. On my charge 2 I sometimes  received the notification after I had answered the phone.

It does not wake me up at night when it lights up. Fantastic that you can adjust the brightness of the screen! I like my charge 3 even better!

Best Answer