Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 Pro not compatible

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

when will Fitbit be adding the Huawei p20 pro to their list of compatible devices? Seriously considering a different fitness device at this point! 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

I'm seriously f#*(ed off about this.. Charge HR STILL doesn't sync to P20 Pro. WHEN is fitbit going to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does synchronise tot P20 pro

Met vriendelijke groeten

Moderator edit: Removed Personal Info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Petrad and @themoonthelily.

At this moment we do not have any updates of when we can expect the phone to be added to the list. Please do know that our team is aware of the requests to expand the list. 

Maybe you could support this suggestion to add that phone. You can vote or comment on it to show your support. You can read the FAQ to read more about how the Feature Suggestions board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Maybe Everyone should stop Buying Fitbit Products till they sort there compatibility  issue out with huwawei and stop taking it out on customers 

Best Answer

I am shocked your answers are to make your inconvenienced customers do the work.

Perhaps Fitbit should type in "Huawei" in the search bar and see how many issues there are with Huawei and Fitbit devices syncing, connecting etc. instead of telling your customers they must vote to add the device to a list.  Seriously?  This is a problem for many many people.  Your sub-standard answers to your customers are not good enough.  Perhaps spend less on marketing and more on your technical department so that you have enough staff who can ensure this is sorted out before the new mobile devices hit the shelves.  Your customers expect this of you.  You claim to be so technically amazing, but this is really poor form on your end.

You have customers who have paid hard earned money on your devices and cannot use them.  Personally, Fitbit is now costing me money on a monthly basis because I use this device specifically to get my medical aid benefits.  I have been losing out on these (one eg: discount on groceries) since 21 June 2018 when I got my new phone.

Not only that, with all this time lost which I could have used tracking,  if I cannot start properly syncing my device in the next couple of days I will not make my points by the end of this year.  Meaning, after working hard to stay on the top tier with my medical aid for 3 years, I would have lost the benefit of that becoming permanent on that tier next year.  Instead, I will move down a tier for a year, and then redo the 3 years all over again.

And even if I can sync my device in a few days, I am going to have to work my @rse off trying to get the points I need to stay on my current tier.  I have actually already had to spend thousands of Rands to find other ways to stay on this tier.  Eg: doing health screenings and fitness tests with Biokineticists.  Totally inconvenient, costly and unnecessary.. and still, not enough to get the points I need!

This also means I lose out on major savings and benefits for the whole of next year.

I really expected more from Fitbit, and never in my life thought that moving to a top of the market mobile device (Huawei P20 Pro) would affect my Fitbit tracking. 

All that this shows is that Fitbit is really not up to date with Tech at all, and everyone should rather move to Garmin or something else.

This is such bull.  Social media will hear from me on this.

Best Answer

Very Well Said - I am Sick to death of seeing reviews on Fitbit on you tube and how good it is - when clearly it doesn't work as it should . 

Oneplu5 - Google Pixel - Next bit robin - Honor View 10 - Honor 9 - Honor 10 - Nexus 6 - All these Device will not work with the fitbit versa .

S8 plus - is the only one i can get ti to work with 

Pebble 2 - Ticwatch s - Ticwatch e - Lg watch style - Gears s3 frontier - Huwawei watch 2 lte - Honor band 2 all these wearable work with everyone i have 

so as always Hardware is Ace - Software simple doesn't work

Best Answer

Hello @Ta2man and @themoonthelily.

Thanks for your feedback and thoughts.

Please do know that we take all feedback seriously and that we're always looking for ways to improve. While there is no information of when will the list be expanded to work with all of those phones, we will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently got the Huawei P20 Pro. I’m managing to sync my Fitbit ionic but I am having a lot of issues, one of which is the notifications to my device. And my device not vibrating when they do come through.  Will these issues get resolved? And will syncing get easier? 

Best Answer

I highly doubt this will change. Look around the Internet, and see how many people with fitbit and huawei have major issues. 

The replies we get from fitbit is "we care a lot...", and "we have no plans for fixing it, but your concerns are noted" 

It's been like this for years, so I wouldn't count on that changing anytime soon.

Best Answer

Hey its not just the P20 pro. I just bought a Mate 20 Lite, after my Samsung failed. Everything worked fine on that, now no GPS connection and poor synching, like many on here. Fitbit no excuses please, just do the fixes required for all android devices. The reputation of your product  relies on that. Also please fix the very limited amount of banks that are currently subscribing to the android pay through the Versa. It was one of the things, that attracted me to purchasing my Versa, only to find my bank and many are not currently supported.

Best Answer

Thank GOD!!  For this forum thread. I was about to purchase a fitbit charge 3 and had absolutely no Idea fitbit products won't sync with Huawei mobiles. What a ridiculous situation. Huawei have surpassed Apple as the world's second largest mobile manufacturer... And fitbit have not sort to remedy this situation?? Who on earth is in charge of these decisions.. Or lack of them?? I'd expect a flurry of post Christmas returns from unaware disgruntled Huawei owners. Fitbit - you really do need to either make this issue announced within your advertising or get a shift on with fixing this issue. What a completely **ahem**ic situation to be in. I can't quite believe this. Utter lunacy. 

Best Answer

It wont change they Dont Care !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Then they obviously are not interested in the market of the worlds second largest mobile manufacture. Bizarre..It also smacks of a lack of care for existing fitbit owners who have then moved over to Huawei. Shame. 

Best Answer

@Ta2man wrote:

It wont change they Dont Care !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then they obviously are not interested in the market of the worlds second largest mobile manufacture. Bizarre..It also smacks of a lack of care for existing fitbit owners who have then moved over to Huawei. Shame. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone.

I'd like to share that the Huawei P20 Pro has been added as a supported device. Click here to see the list.

My suggestion if you have the phone would be to try to set up the Fitbit again as if it was a brand new device. That should definitely help in getting everything to work correctly.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
Sometimes notifications do not come through
Best Answer

I have a Huawei P20 Pro and a Versa. After the OS 3.0 release, setting up my Versa as a new device, and deleting and reinstalling the Fitbit app, I observe a slight improvement in Bluetooth connectivity. It is not at the level I would expect from a supported device. The first observation was when running, it only managed to connect to the phone whenever a ran a lap (e.g every 1km). The rest of the time it did not display the running distance, just that it was trying to connect. I also observed the watch under-measured my run when comparing to Strava or Google Fit session running on the phone. 

Note: My previous watch was a Pebble 2 which always worked flawlessly even without getting updates for two years. Also, the smooth integration with Google Fit is something I really miss and it is a shame I have to use Fit2Fit to workaround this. 

Best Answer

I have tried to repair my Charge 2 with my Huawei P20 Pro and it just sticks on the searching and asks me to make sure it's switched on/switch off and back on the Bluetooth, which I've tried.  I've also uninstalled the app and reinstalled, done a soft soft reset of my phone and it still doesn't pick up the fitbit? Tried it on my work phone(an iPhone) and it picked it up straight away??! Anything I can do to get my fitbit connected with my phone? 

Best Answer

Just got a call and watch did not buzz...something not right with Bluetooth support. 

Best Answer

I have had the same problem, I have changed to a Huawei health tracker

Best Answer