Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 Pro not compatible

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

when will Fitbit be adding the Huawei p20 pro to their list of compatible devices? Seriously considering a different fitness device at this point! 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

**ahem** !! just done the update to EMUI 9 (which i do not like) and now it does not sync, will hold fire on buying a charge 3 until it is sorted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @YiannaChristou. Hello @Galaxy66.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter. 

I'd like to ask if you have both tried following the steps that have been mentioned through this thread? They should definitely help.

@Galaxy66 In this case, it could be related to an Android 9 issue that our team is looking into making sure it works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: Feb 10, 2019

Latest update with the current app, all functions including notifications are working! Notifications has some time lag and not predictable. Sometimes notifications shows within 2 secs for my SMS, sometimes 20 seconds after. For calls, notification is same.  But at least the functions are all back and somewhat usable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still doesn't work for me after updating and trying all the suggestions in this thresd. Just a glorified watch for me unfortunately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hotpotatopie and @Peter886.

Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know how it is going on for you. 

@Hotpotatopie Did get a chance to check that the permissions are turned on? If not, please check on it by going into the Notifications settings on your phone itself.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Yes all permissions are on.

It'll sync sometimes after several tries of manually going into the app. Othertimes I just have to come back to it. All day sync has never worked for this or my original Charge. Using three phones of different brands too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unless I open the app, sync does not happen. For example, I want to see how
many hours I have slept, I open the app a many hours after waking up and
have to initiate a sync, wait one minute or more and then I get my data.
The fitbit app does have permission to run in the background. I am just
assuming that All Day Sync is broken.

When I run, I still get disconnected from the phone. The watch does not
show the distance and when I get home, it misses some parts of my run.
Luckily I use another app on my phone to track distance... I should not
have to.

The connection is still flaky. The above must just be symptomatic of
something wrong with the support. I doubt other phones have the same issue
but I may be wrong but I do not have time to check it. Also today, my watch
just did not want to sync. I kill the app, reopened it, and still, it did
not initiate syncing. At some point about 30 minutes later, the sync
happened.

Are there any known and identified issues where I should just wait for the
next update and avoid wasting my time or is there some other things to
check?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I use my huawei P20, and never had a problem with the app.but I can't do sync last month, I tried, restart both device, reset factory setting on phone, checked all certificate etc. Once i tried remove a fitbit tracker from paired list and notification warned me about fitbit is going to maintenance?

😞 Does Fitbit costumer service think i should change my telephone?

Phone:; Huawei P20, EMUI 9.0.0 Android 9.

Tracker Fitbit charge 2

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CookiemanBelge and @Hotpotatopie. Welcome to the Forums @Dimmkins.

Thanks for sharing everything that you have tried to get your Fitbits to sync.

@Hotpotatopie and @CookiemanBelge, Our team should be getting in touch with you about your situations. Be sure to keep an eye on your inbox, trash or spam folders. 

@Dimmkins Please try to follow the steps listed in this help article. They should definitely help in getting it all to sync and work correctly.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, few months on and it still isn't syncing to the phone, getting a bit annoying now though! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for letting us know that it is still not working. Let me help you out.

In this case I'd recommend that you try the steps I recommended above. Did you get a chance to go through them? They should help your Fitbit to sync again.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why buy either fit bit or Huawei if they can't get their act together Niether reservoir custom!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit won't sync either with my p20 Pro. It used to work with manual sync but now it just won't sync at all. Permissions are on, Bluetooth works, I have installed and reinstalled. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly!!! the app is constantly deleting itself from my phone, doesn't sync is a constant pain in the arse and a total wast of $300 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine used to sync if I pressed sync on the app. It now does not work at all. It is ridiculous. I only bought the fitbit at Christmas and I got my new phone in March. The fitbit is now useless.

Best Answer

When Is the Huawei P20 Pro gonna work properly with the Fitbit charge 3??

It worked no problem at all until the recent update on the Fitbit, since then it won't sync, I've tried resetting the Fitbit and deleting the app and I stalling everything from the beginning again, worked 1 day then stopped again.

Not very helpful from Fitbit for such a new phone and Fitbit item not working together.

Time it was sorted out properly as it's such a massive issue and seems very intermittent too.

Best Answer

No this has not helped. You should advertise to check phone compatibility! I have used fitbit for a few years now,and currently on my 3rd fitbit device. Now I am having to go out and spend money on a device that is compatible!! 

Best Answer

Hi folks! 

I gave up on Fitbit and now own a Xiaomi Mii band 3! Looking forward to the Mii band 4 👍 best decision I made moving to Xiaomi! Look them up! Decent price too when compared with Fitbit!!!

Got a bit sick of waiting for Fitbit to catch up with my Huawei. 

✌️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pleased to inform all that mine is now working perfectly with my P20 pro 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes