Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
If I uninstall the Fitbit app and then reinstall will I lose all my data?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No.  Your data is uploaded to the Fitbit servers.  You should be able to uninstall and reinstall without losing any data.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

No.  Your data is uploaded to the Fitbit servers.  You should be able to uninstall and reinstall without losing any data.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thank you! !
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thank you, I will try that as my fitbit is playing up 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes
Um, sorry, but that's a total lie. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my windows phone. I lost ALL of my sleep and bpm data. I lost all but 3 weeks of steps, and about ten workouts. And I mean online at fitbit.com. I had no choice, the app couldn't open without crashing, it's not like I could've screen shot it first. I've invested a lot of time trying to build a nice data set. I'm not wearing a fitbit because it's stylish, I wanted stats.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........so.........annoyed.......
Best Answer

did you register with the same account / same email adress ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @randomstring, it been a while since you posted your concern and hope you have recovered your data. One of the most common reasons of this is like @SunsetRunner mentioned before. If you registered with a different email it might not shown your past activity.  

Although uninstalling and reinstalling the app is not recommendable unless not as a last resource, since it might happen other different type of issues. Nonetheless is not possible your information disappear, as it was mentioned before, this information is stored in Fitbit servers so there is no way the information be deleted.

How it goes so far, is your information still missing?

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

My Blaze did not keep the info when my app was deleted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @VivFraley7, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. I'm wondering if there was a particular reason that require to delete your app?

As I mentioned before, is not recommendable to do this unless not under previous review; however if the case require to delete the app the best to do is to sync the tracker before to take any actions to avoid any inconvenience as the one you mentioned.

If there is any issue you are experiencing feel free to let me know. I'll be here to help you!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Roberto,

My Fitbit Blaze will not sync. I have shut it down and restarted. I have turned Bluetooth off and back on and paired it again. I have turned my phone off and rebooted. I am at the point to uninstall the program and reinstall but after reading these comments of losing data I am afraid to. Is there anything else I can do? It has worked fine for 4 months but stopped syncing three days ago.

Best Answer

Hello @RB1134, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! My apologies since I was absent and I haven't posted anything lately.

I was reading your post and it seems you were experiencing syncing issues despite trying different troubleshooting steps on your own. In my previous post I feel I should have been more clear about that topic. Uninstalling the app it won't remove your data. The reason of this is because your information is safe in our servers and not store locally in your phone. However we do not recommend to do this unless is necessary, to avoid other complications that might occurred. Other situation that I've seen when the data is lost, is when the app is install again and the tracker paired one more time. So this will delete your data, since you are setting your tracker as a new device and information that has not been synced will be removed.

Now let go back to the most important which is the syncing issues. It has been a few days since you posted so I'm curious to know how it goes? Is the issue still persisting? 

I would like to make sure you are back on track. See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes
All is well. It is sinking now.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Fine but which data, that from my Fitbit or the incorrect data on the App?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just got a new iPhone6. For some reason the app won’t synch. I’ve logged out and back in,turned phone on/off. I’m a bit twitchy about uninstalling. Any ideas people?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have never had any success with this App. Great shame as it could be so useful. Syncing seems to be a user wide complaint.

Sent from my exquisite iPhone
Best Answer

I mistakenly used a wrong email address and cannot now access my account to verify my new Charge2.  How do I change my email address?  Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Roberto. 

My fitbit won't sync on my phone. No matter how many times I try, it won't. It used to sync calls as well. Nothing. I have the Charge HR. I would like to keep track of my stats, but Also want it to work the way it used to. What should I do? I can't see any stats for at least the last month

Thanks in advance,

Jan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto,  my fitbit is synced with my iPhone, but attempts all day to open my Fitbit app have failed. I have tried going online to my Fitbit app and when I click open it just takes me back to my home screen. I have tried turning my phone off and back on and I also updated Settings that needed updated… The app will still not open. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also gone into my settings and turned on the location finder. I also went to the App Store to see if an update was available. The app would not open from the App Store..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea - Fitbit fantasy.  They lost tons of my data (vis-a-vis - weights and diabetes glucose levels) and despite reread attempts I (they?) could not retrieve it.  Now, after finding a better product I just want to uninstall their programs.  AND I CANNOT.  Do not even start with these guys.  You can not get rid of them.

Best Answer
0 Votes