Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 6/26/2018: In-app Notifications no longer in Notification Center

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 6/26/2018

Hi everyone!

I would like to inform you, based on customer feedback, we stopped showing notifications in the Notification Center. You can continue now to receive these notifications as push notifications by turning on Push Notifications in the app under Account > Notifications. 

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Peakay814, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for your assistance on this topic @SteveH.

I would like to inform you, based on customer feedback, we stopped showing notifications in the Notification Center. You can continue now to receive these notifications as push notifications by turning on Push Notifications in the app under Account > Notifications. 

Hope this information helps.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

My notifications don't show up under my notifications tab anymore. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

A common cause of this with the Charge 2 is when the fitbit is accidentally put into "do not disturb" mode. This is turned on / off by pressing and holding the button on the Charge 2. Could this be what's happening here? 

Best Answer
Thanks for your response. I was referring to the notifications on the app. Sorry, I didn't specify. Like where all my badges and stuff are. Nothing shows up there. Any ideas? Thanks!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Peakay814, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for your assistance on this topic @SteveH.

Hope this information helps.

Best Answer

I'm sorry....based on limited customer feedback, you removed a feature/function from the app?!  Funny enough, the in-app notification feature regarding challenges/steps/etc is a primary reason why my husband has a Fitbit and NOT a garmin. Users have been reporting this as a problem for almost a month, and now Fitbit is telling users that it's per our request?! BS. It sounds like something broke, and the developers are giving excuses rather than find/fix the defect. 

How do you view notifications other than the Push service? When I get a push notification from other apps, I still have the option to view the notification once I've dismissed it. 

Why would you remove the functionality, but not the entire feature. So we still get a persistent red dot about a notification, but we can't ever view the notification. 

Do you see how this isn't an improvement?

Best Answer

If we would prefer to receive them in the app is there a way to reverse this?

Best Answer

Wow that's a pretty idiotic thing to do? And fyi you should advise your support teams I wasted an hour today trying to fix the issue (that really isn't) with support, they had me delete the app, reinstall, remove my versa, add it back, and it ended with them telling me that it should eventually come back.. Wich I understand is never going to happen... 

Best Answer

Well, if the Fitbit folks decided that users no longer need in-app notifications, why did they leave the notifications tab in the app? I see notifications from previous  versions but no new ones since that last update. And the instructions to turn on push notifications does not enable in app notifications. If the fitbit folks think they know better than their users what the users want, they are sadly mistaken. At least, make is a user selectable option. my guess is that this will become like the recent problem with wrong numbers in the weekly email  progress reports - this will go on for months before anything is done.

Update:

And why was there nothing in the release notes about this change??

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Will this be an app update from the play store or a server side fix? If it's an app update, could you provide the app version number?

Best Answer
It’s the newest ios version 2.52, although it may have actually broke in
Best Answer

Ohh... I didn't know this was intended for iOS since this is the Android forum... I wouldn't be shocked if it was posted in the wrong spot though.

Best Answer

Oops, my bad. I was doing a google search and I found this thread. i didn‘t notice that is is the android forum, but obviously this issue affects both platforms.

Best Answer

Will this in app issue with notifications be fixed and the feature accessible in the future? I'm a new user and was looking forward to the use of it. It's not always convenient to look at or even address a notification immediately, having the notification history assures you don't miss anything important.  

Best Answer

Hi there everyone!

I was reading your recent comments and despite I heavely appreciate your feedback; I think this discussion is going in a different direction and is losing context.

I would like to clarify you will still see Feed Notifications and Challenge updates in the Notification center. Is true that there was some issues affecting this feature and our team is working on this, which I can confirm we have released some fixes with the new version of the Fitbit app. For more details, please review this post.

Also this change was also applied to iOS, where you can find its own dedicated post here. This was regardless of any app update.

So the change was apply to notifications such as the following:

1. "Almost there! Get # steps more to hit your daily goal."
  2. "Nailed it! You met your step goal for today."
  3. "Overachiever! You're # steps over your daily goal.

These notifications are no longer in the In-App notifications on your Notification Center, but are still available to motivate as Push Notifications.

I think there was a bit of confusion and hope this address some of your questions.

Best Answer

That's very unfortunate! I liked my notifications. Especially when you go over your steps. That little reminder felt good. I loved my notifications in app. They were never a bother. Shame the flock ruins it for the few who actually benefitted from it.🙁

Best Answer

I totally agree with you! And hence why I don't really use it anymore. It's become another staple in my bedroom junk drawer

Best Answer

Yes it does 

Best Answer

As others have mentioned, my last app notifications, such as "Almost there...", "Overachiever...", "Nailed it...", were on June 14, 2018.  After reading this solution, I went to Account - Notifications - Push notifications. All the notifications are turned on - low battery, step goal milestones, exercise goal milestones, etc. Why am I not seeing them?  Also, around the same time my weekly report stopped coming to my email., but I started getting the weekly reports again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this why I don’t have any new notifications in the notifications tab after June 19th? How come I still have a red dot there? It isn’t from the messages potion because when I toggle to the messages view the notifications word has a red dot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes