Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using app and music player at same time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I started a walk through the app on my phone because I wanted to track with GPS. As soon as I started my music player from my phone, the walk paused and I didn't notice till after 30 minutes. Then on top of it, it showed zero activey minutes even though my heart rate was up during the entire walk. SO can I use my music player or does the app stop when opening another app?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

HI there @Bourbonblu good to see you around. I think it will depend of which app are you using to play your music, but it should not interfere with your GPS activity.

Before I posted my answer, I tested your scenario and what I do was to start the GPS activity from the Fitbit app. Once it was running the timer, I open the music app I regularly use and it did not stop the activity.

I recommend to make sure you have the most recent version of the Fitbit app. For iOS is 2.29 and for Android 2.38. to review this on your app you need to do the following:

1. Tap the Account tab.
  2. Tap Help. You'll see the app version at the top of the screen.
    User-added image

If you have the most recent version, try to log out from the Fitbit account on your app, and restart your phone. Once it has loaded, log back in and give it another try.

I'll be around if you need additional help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes