Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 unreliable Bluetooth connection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm upgrading from a rock solid Pebble Time.  That device had a reliable bluetooth connection, enough that I could keep my phone on silent and only receive notification via my Pebble. My phone is a Samsung S8. 

I've had the Versa 2 for less than 48 hour and I'm already fearful that I'll miss notification. I am using the "Essential Watch" face from BV Designs, and I'm getting frequent notices of bluetooth disconnections.  I'm also having the disconnections confirmed with the "Smart Lock" feature of Android.  The phone will not go to the lock screen if a trusted bluetooth device is connected.  I'm seeing my phone lock when the watch is less than a meter from the phone and after less than an hour. 

Is this a known issue?  If so, is it being addressed?  I'd like to know before the return window closes.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Forums and I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for taking the time to share details about your Versa 2. I understand how important is to keep your watch connected to your phone's Bluetooth so other features can work and I'll help you out with this matter. Since your Samsung Galaxy S8 is a compatible device , please verify if the Fitbit app has been allowed to run on the background. Then try the following steps in the given order:

1. Remove your Versa 2 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. On your phone's settings tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  5. Reboot your phone and restart your watch.
  6. Open the Fitbit app and set up your watch as a new device to reconnect it with the app.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy new year.  I have tried the procedure that you listed twice.  I am still getting frequent disconnects.  

Best Answer

I've resolved the problem by returning the watch for a full refund and sticking with my Pebble Time until this problem is address in future versions.  For the record, this was only one of the reasons the watch failed.  It is not compatible with the Android App "Sleep as Android", which I've been using for years with my Pebble time.  The developer of the app cites issues with the SDK.  There isn't an app for Foursquare Swarm, which would have been nice but wasn't the show stopper.  The unreliable Bluetooth connection was show stopper.  This device was a great fitness device, but an unreliable smart watch.  Turns out I wanted a smart watch.  

Best Answer

Hello Im having the same problem..received mine as a present for Christmas wish I kept to my charge 2 Think I want my money back!

Best Answer