Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 will not connect to phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 will not reconnect to my Samsung Galaxy s10e. I had disconnected the bluetooth because it was no longer showing me notifications and was not syncing to my app. I've tried restarting my phone and the app nothing has worked.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

@Sorrie Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your Versa 2 not syncing with your phone and thank you so much for troubleshooting this issue. Lets try refreshing the link between your phone and your tracker by doing the following:

• Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  • Restart your phone and restart your device
  • Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  • Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. 
  • You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is fitbit working to fix these issues or should I return and purchase a different brand of fitness watch?

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. I am very upset 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  Samsung 10+ and new versa 2.

Best Answer

I got it fixed.  So what you have to do is unpair your fitbit 2.... turn your bluetooth off...restart your phone..turn it back on....go to the fitbit app and log out...then log back in and repair your fitbit...also restarting you fitbit 2 by holding in the button until the screen turns black...do this after you unpair it to your phone...let me know if that helps

Best Answer

This has been happening to me too. I finally figured out that, in my case, the Versa had connected to my iPad. It seems it can only connect to one device at a time. When I shut off bluetooth on the iPad, it then connects successfully to my phone. Guess I need to just unpair the Versa from the iPad and see if the problem actually goes away. 

Best Answer

Try to unpair the phone in the app. When you repair it choose Versa not Versa 2, even though it is a Versa 2. Just say here for 2 hours trying everything under the sun. My last ditch effort i chose the Versa instead of the Versa 2 in the selection. It connected right away. My fit bit is a Versa 2

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue, Samsung S10+, Connect pair manually to bluetooth, cannot pair through the app - restarted everything, plugged it into my computer, everything. Nothing responds.

Kinds of worrying really.

Best Answer

That doesn't work all the time.  Shouldn't have to do so many steps every time you need to sync.

Best Answer

I'm having the same trouble. Upgraded my phone to Samsung S10 and one week in my Versa 2 won't connect. Ive uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, tried everything. Really not impressed 😏

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to settings on fitbit reset ro factory. Then go to the app to set a new devise. Even though your devise is register, fo ahead and said" change device. 

Took me 5 hour to figured it out.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply, my phone also won't pick up Bluetooth to connect to the watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Tiredon!

I had tried for hours to reconnect my versa 2 but failed. Redoing it as a Versa is succeeding! Thank you so much for the hint.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it help, it's frustrating not to know what to do.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Following these directions worked.  On 8/25/20 my Versa 2 stopped connecting and was not recognized over Bluetooth by my Samsung Galaxy S7.  Now (8/29) after following the directions, the Fitbit app on my phone is downloading data and synchronizing time with the Versa 2.  But an odd situation, the Bluetooth feature of my phone is not recognizing (or reporting a pairing of) the Versa 2.

Best Answer

When I try to connect my fitbit versa 2 by Bluetooth to my phone it says an app is needed to use this device 

What do I do? I've unpaired it, turned bluetooth off and on, turned my phone off and one, ans reset my fitbit and nothing...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try connecting syncing to the Versa app. Not the Versa 2 app. Even though you have the Versa 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

No real answers here. My phone is not even recognizing my fitbit thru Bluetooth anymore. This isn't a new device I've had it for years with no issues, get the new update and now poof it's not working at all. Before I selected "forget pairing" in my Bluetooth settings my Bluetooth kept saying that an app was needed to connect my fitibt. Obviously I have the app. And now that I've unpaired my device it's not even visible. This problem needs fixed! 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. mine stopped working on the 24th 

Best Answer
0 Votes