Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 will not connect to phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 will not reconnect to my Samsung Galaxy s10e. I had disconnected the bluetooth because it was no longer showing me notifications and was not syncing to my app. I've tried restarting my phone and the app nothing has worked.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

I did this exact order and it finally connected and finished pairing. I have an S7 and it was not syncing. I unpaired it and when I tried to repair, it kept getting stuck after entering in the 4-digit code. I had tried restarting everything but nothing worked until I followed your order of restarts. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm so glad this help. Its frustrating.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked like a charm! 

My Versa 2 wasnt charging as it should so i tried to connect my wife's Versa 2 instead, but with no luck. Tried your solution with picking Versa instead of Versa 2 and it connected right away! 

Thanks man😀

Best Answer
So glad you made it work.👏

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly! Was working fine - now phone "sees" Versa2 in Bluetooth scan, but I get this same, stupid message "an app is needed to use this device!" 

I've reset device, logged out and back in to fitbit, restarted my phone, unpaired everything on my phone, turned Bluetooth off and back on, made sure fitbit has permission for EVERYTHING!

This is ridiculous. It's obviously a problem across multiple devices- Fitbit needs to SOLVE this

Best Answer

does not work at all, and I have uninstalled the fitbit app twice and unpaired.  It will not pair at all 😭

Best Answer
Hello 👋, go to your fotbit settings, scroll all the way to "about" scroll down to "factory reset" .. now go to your fitbut app and click on "add a device" reset your versa 2. Hope that help. It helped me and other I know with the same problem.

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

But then we have to set up another device and it all gets confusing can't fitbit just fix this problem  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me too, why hasn’t Fitbit corrected this bug? I had to remove my versa 2 when I tried to add the device again it wouldn’t work when I selected versa 2.  I read your advice snd selected versa and it paired.  Thanks for taking the time to share the info 

Best Answer
I'm so glad it worked for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7s.  I did the steps that Tiredone123 did.  I unpaired the Versa 2 and it would not appear when scanning for devices near by.  My mobile app synced once then stopped even though it wasn't blue tooth.  Versa 2 still not showing up on my phone's blue tooth.  In fitbit mobile app, i decided to hit "+ set up a device" then a message said "connecting to versa 2" and it  synced. ( I never had to delete the Versa 2 acct)       Maybe just lucky!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me as well!! Thank you for the suggestion!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm glad it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone earlier said Pair as a Versa & not as a Versa 2. It worked, my device is a Versa2...

Best Answer

This is what finally got it done.  You spend two hours.  I spent about the same over 3 days.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm glad it was helpful to you!

Best Answer
0 Votes