Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite not getting text messages from Samsung Galaxy S22

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As of last week, my Versa Lite stopped getting text messages from Samsung Messages and Facebook Messenger. It worked great before then. Could it have something to do with the new Fitbit App update?  I have talked to Support and followed all the recommended steps and still no messages. They have not gotten back to me with a possible solution. Any help is appreciated. And yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted the phone, unpaired the Bluetooth connection, restarted the watch and still nothing. All of my notifications are turned on, do not disturb is turned off, etc. I think I have covered the gamut. Also, I have had the watch for a few years so I am pretty tech savvy with it. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @mesport  - there is a gotcha if you uninstalled the app. You need to setup Notifications and App notifications again.

Did you logout of the Fitbit App, swipe off the active window, clear the storage cache and force stop it?

Then restart the phone.

On the watch check your Quick Settings again and then restart it.

Login to the app and do a manual sync.

The order is important because otherwise it's possible to fix it in one place and unfix it in another.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Guy. Is there a difference between uninstalling the app and force stopping it?  I have uninstalled it, redid all the notifications and app settings and then restarted the watch. I have made sure all the notifications are turned on in both the app and on the phone. Still no go. 

Best Answer

@mesport - an app issue could persist in the cache, that's an important step.

And if you changed phones?

Is the watch syncing well with the phone?

Are the notifications appearing on the phone status bar?

Is the Fitbit App running in background? Do a test incoming message with the phone display on the Fitbit App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, so I have logged out of the Fitbit app, swipped off the active app, cleared the storage cache and force stopped it.Then I restarted my phone.  I then checked my quick settings and they are set for notifications and restarted my watch.  I then logged back into the app and did a manual sync.  I had my husband send me a test text while I was in the Fitbit app and saw the message notification on top of the phone status bar but did not get it on my watch :(.  I don't have any other problems with the watch synching with the app and I don't have another phone to test it with.  Still not working.  I appreciate your help.

Best Answer

@mesport - thanks, it looks good what you have done, if you are on Android 13 this could be relevant.

When you pull down on the watch do you see anything?

Presumably you checked the firmware and app versions are the latest?

Just on a completely off chance did you try with a Fitbit clock face?

Before doing a factory reset, which can destroy the watch, chat again via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support. They can guide you through it and setting up all over again if they can't find the cause.

Note the names of the apps and clocks you use first though for reinstalling if necessary.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I pull down on the watch it says Nothing New Here You're all caught up.  And yes, everything is updated.  I do have a Fitbit clock face so I'm not sure what else I could do on that.

If Fitbit support thinks Android 13 is the problem then I don't think it would do any good to factory reset the watch.  I'll check again with support to see if they can confirm that this is the issue.  

Thakns for your help.  I appreciate it.

Best Answer

@mesport - thanks, yes the problem is probably not the watch and that seems a good approach.

The Versa Lite is a good watch and best to keep it if you can. A replacement may not be as good so don't go for that solution or an upgrade which they will surely propose, as this watch is better than anything they will propose.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mesport- see this link if you just did a firmware update, it may be a reason.

In the Gallery tile can you download an app or a clock face? If not also see No internet connection Quite why it might have a bearing on the Notifications, is an obscure off chance possibility.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am unable to follow your link, it says access denied.   I am able to download an app from the Gallery tile.

Thanks again.  I will reach out to support one more time.

Best Answer

@mesport- thanks, if you can download an app the link may not be important.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Error-when-trying-to-change-clock-face-quot-Oops-looks-l...

As a matter of interest is this full link also denied?

Best Answer

I can access that link. 

Best Answer

@mesport- thanks, same link - perhaps a temporary issue.

Best Answer

Guy, thanks for all your help. Fitbit Support actually had me revert my watch to factory default and then I couldn't even get the watch to start. They told me it was a defective watch but since it's past its warranty they offered me 35% off a new one. Really?  Wasn't defective last week. Anyway, I went back into the Fitbit App and added a new device which removed the old one and it now works perfectly. So much for being defective. Just wanted to let you know the result of all this. The only thing I can't do is use the Find My Phone App so I have posted that as another question. 

Best Answer