Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync after updating to Android 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Did the new Samsung One UI 5 (Android 13) Update yesterday. After that my Charge 5 sync always stopped at 55% and cancels.

Removed the Bluetooth device, uninstalled the app and tried to add a new device in the App. It always finds the device, but is unable to establish the connections.

The App got all the rights it was asking for (bluetooth, location, ...). Anyone else has this Problem?

12.08.22 - Official Feedback (Page 2 of this Post):

Thanks for reaching out about the syncing of your Fitbit devices after upgrading to Android 13. This situation has been reported and Fitbit is working on a solution already. In the meantime you can try to use a different mobile device to sync your Fitbit. I greatly appreciate your patience.

UPDATE Jan 2023:

Samsung seems to be rolling out updates. My EU Fold 4 recieved one after manual checking which solved the issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your Fitbit devices. As you may know, our team released the Fitbit app 3.75 version which ensures the connectivity with Samsung Fold and Flip phones. If you haven't done so, please make sure to update the Fitbit app to the latest version.

I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you have another question, I'd encourage you to visit our help site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and we'll keep working to improve the Fitbit experience.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Same issue 

I tried everything.  Watch every videoon YouTube....restartedand resetted my fitbit and my phone .... no use..... the watch connected fine with my wife's iPhone 

I  Contacted customer care and their solution was to send me a new one ...  now I have to watchs that do not work 

Best Answer

OK i tried to contact the support as well, they want to send me a new one -.-

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem since one UI 5 update, I can't sync ma charge 5. Samsung told me it's coming from the fitbit app directly so we just have to wait for an update of the fitbit app... 

Best Answer

I am experiencing the exact same issue too. Updated to Samsung One UI5 on Galaxy Fold 4, and Fitbit stopped syncing.

Best Answer

Samsung is blocking access to downloads, upgrades gallery clock faces.....-.

Try these steps in "Phone Settings" :

•   Connections → More Connections  → VPN If any VPN is listed, remove it, or set it to "none"
  • Connections → More Connections  → Private DNS Set it to "Automatic", or "None"
Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this relevant to Fitbit syncing via BT?

Best Answer

Because a Wi-Fi or cellular data is requiered to sync 🙂

Syn c_TWiFi.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this.... unfortunately it didn't work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's kind of weird. It is a known issue with Samsung. I have to ask, since it is easy to forget, you have granted Fitbit all permissions in Fitbit App settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

VPN & DNS did not work and i tried to manually add all permissions which are aviable. Still does not work. 

Best Answer

I found this in a Samsung Forum. Sounds like a Samsung Problem with Bluetooth in UI5.

Best Answer

I yes I granted all permission manually 

It didn't work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just connected the Charge 5 to an iPhone 14, no issues. As suspected it is a One UI 5 issue. 

Best Answer

Hi guys.

I seem to be having a similar issue: after updating to latest Samsung One UI version last weekend, my Fitbit Sense 2 can no longer connect to Bluetooth (paired but not connected - message I get is "an app is needed to connect"). When I go to my Fitbit app, it however seems to be syncing with my watch. Is this tbe case for you too?

The time on my watch is on a different timezone than my app/phone. The clock display setting in my app is not reflected on my watch.

Any suggestions how to sort this? I have already tried everything on this thread.

Thanks all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much for sharing. Seems the post is from 4 weeks ago, so no fix yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't seen any fix.. You should contact CS at Samsung I don't have a Samsung myself, and I'm no Samsung expert. What I have learned is that the error does not affect everyone. Samsung had similar problems with the S10 series. I think the best thing those affected can do is to follow  advices given by Samsung. 

Report the error by submitting a "Report an error" from your Samsung.. 

Samsung said in the same blogpost: "If customers are facing any inconvenience in using Bluetooth right away, they can take their phone to the nearest service center."

Best Answer

i have the same issue. unable to sync, so i unpaired my charge 5 and was unable to pair it back (shows connected but unable to complete the pairing with the code). gave up and tried pairing my charge5 with my old phone (note10 which did not get the One UI 5 update) and works. i guess we need to wait for the one UI 5 fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My tablet hasn't updated and the fitbit app works perfect on it. I like to have the convenience of the app on my phone - and want it back!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No fix. I wasted hours with Fitbit support. Said to hell with it. Returning the Charge 5 I received this morning (Amazon) and ordered a Galaxy watch. Samsung has 100% guarantee and I'm tired of Fitbit. I've had several Fitbit devices and have *always* had at least warranty issue. Time to move away from Fitbit 🙂

Best Answer