Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync after updating to Android 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Did the new Samsung One UI 5 (Android 13) Update yesterday. After that my Charge 5 sync always stopped at 55% and cancels.

Removed the Bluetooth device, uninstalled the app and tried to add a new device in the App. It always finds the device, but is unable to establish the connections.

The App got all the rights it was asking for (bluetooth, location, ...). Anyone else has this Problem?

12.08.22 - Official Feedback (Page 2 of this Post):

Thanks for reaching out about the syncing of your Fitbit devices after upgrading to Android 13. This situation has been reported and Fitbit is working on a solution already. In the meantime you can try to use a different mobile device to sync your Fitbit. I greatly appreciate your patience.

UPDATE Jan 2023:

Samsung seems to be rolling out updates. My EU Fold 4 recieved one after manual checking which solved the issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Try to read this thread...hint:_ "Advices given by Samsung"

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've read it. I've done everything. I had a long chat with Samsung. I'm done with Fitbit. They suck 🙂

Do you have a Galaxy Flip? If so, please share how you fixed the issue and share with the rest of the class 🙂

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for reaching out about the syncing of your Fitbit devices after upgrading to Android 13. This situation has been reported and Fitbit is working on a solution already. In the meantime you can try to use a different mobile device to sync your Fitbit. I greatly appreciate your patience. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, because everyone just happens to have another mobile device laying around.... 🙄 

Best Answer

I wasted over an hour trying to fix this. Support must have been unaware of the issue and gave me the same instructions I'd already tried. Very frustrated with it all day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my Inspire HR 3 since the Android 13 update. Looking forward to the fix. Hope it's soon 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, have a Galaxy Flip (3) and I have been experiencing exactly the same connecting/syncing issue as everyone with my Charge 4 after the UI 5 (Android 13) update. I've tried EVERYTHING that was suggested and even bought a new Inspire 3 after contacting Fitbit and was told that the Charge 4 was broken and out of warranty. To my horror, the new Inspire 3 has the same connecting/syncing issue!!!!!

I wish Fitbit hadn't just told me that my Charge 4 was broken and I had found this discussion thread sooner so I wouldn't have wasted money for an extra device that I didn't need!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me. My Samsung Galaxy fold z took a system update and now my fitbit and phone are not syncing.

Best Answer

I had same experience- Fitbit support told me my Charge 4 was faulty even though I insisted it was an Android 13 issue - I could pair and sync with an Android 12 Samsung ZFlip I had so I knew the Chstge 4 was not faulty but they insisted it was! So frustrating!

This message dates back to August and the 'fix' still hasn't been forthcoming???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Welcome to the newcomers. 

Thanks for reaching out regarding the situation with Android 13. This has been reported already. Fitbit is looking into this and working towards a solution. Please note that this was confirmed as a general issue with just a few days ago. Seems the date format can be confusing. This thread started end of November and after a week or so it was confirmed as a general issue affecting Samsung devices. I had seen a link to a thread in the Samsung community. Once I find it, I will share it here. It has been acknowledged on their side as well. This is affecting Bluetooth connections overall, not just with Fitbit devices. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I logged an issue with Samsung yesterday and they said they were unaware of any outstanding issue. I have since discovered the Fitbit devices work on my Android 13 Galaxy S20 Ultra but not on my ZFlip 4 or Z Fold 3, so appears to not only be Android 13 / UI 5 but that implementation on certain devices. I checked all settings and permissions to see what differed but the same configuration still fails to pair successfully.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Macker11 Thanks for the reply. 

That is correct, the issue seems to affect the Flip/Fold devices only. It is also affecting connections with Bluetooth speakers. A user shared the experience with the car´s Bluetooth. This is a general Bluetooth connection issue after the update. Once I find the link to the thread to confirm, I will share it here. This has been reported and a solution is already in the works. Thanks for your patience. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit won't sync to my Galaxy S20.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well apparently this has been an issue for several months. How much longer are people supposed to wait? Am just about done with Fitbit. If I can't get these syncing issues resolved by the end of January when my return window is over it will be going back and I will never buy another one!!

Best Answer

Any news on when this fix will be available? I am running out of patience. I am also considering returning my new fitbit and trying a different brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just spoke to someone last night didn't have an answer. But I have read
that people with the charge 5s have had issues since August. So doesn't
look promising. I wish Google wouldn't have bought them out,bad decision on
Fitbit. Will be taking my luxe back by my return window if this issues
isn't resolved by then. It's basically an overpriced tracker at this point.
Best Answer
0 Votes

*edit* Never mind. It synced once after it updated and hasn't been able to again since then. 😒 

This appears to have been fixed with todays update. I had to sync my Charge 5 with another device for the update to begin on my Charge 5, but once the update was done I was able to connect to my Samsung Fold again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to hear it works for you! But it still doesn't work for my Flip 3. I checked and there hasn't been any updates (I'm in Canada) and I've reset and restarted and everything in between. 

I've returned my Inspire and seriously thinking of ditching my Charge 4. As soon as there's a good deal on another fitness band I'm out of here.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

What firmware did you update to 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never mind. It synced once after it updated and hasn't been able to do it again since. 😒 

Version 57.20001.188.58

Best Answer
0 Votes