Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync after updating to Android 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Did the new Samsung One UI 5 (Android 13) Update yesterday. After that my Charge 5 sync always stopped at 55% and cancels.

Removed the Bluetooth device, uninstalled the app and tried to add a new device in the App. It always finds the device, but is unable to establish the connections.

The App got all the rights it was asking for (bluetooth, location, ...). Anyone else has this Problem?

12.08.22 - Official Feedback (Page 2 of this Post):

Thanks for reaching out about the syncing of your Fitbit devices after upgrading to Android 13. This situation has been reported and Fitbit is working on a solution already. In the meantime you can try to use a different mobile device to sync your Fitbit. I greatly appreciate your patience.

UPDATE Jan 2023:

Samsung seems to be rolling out updates. My EU Fold 4 recieved one after manual checking which solved the issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51
Unfortunately did not work for me - still no pairing. Despite uninstalling the app, resetting the Fitbit and rebooting the phone - still no luck...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm also on this firmware version so it does not work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Come on, now,  can we get this fixed?  You want us to depend on the fitbit and the information in the app... Get some more resources on it if you have to.   

Too bad you didn't warn us back when you knew,  I would have postponed the update to by phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

The last Fold 4 Update has fixed the issue, for me at least. Did you check for updates? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought the watch and my phone finds the watch but it won't connect. The watch connects to my wife's iPhone. Is there a fix for this because I've tried all trouble shooting tips and tricks and looked everywhere to fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Flip 3, no updates pending. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Trev92    This is copied from the Android forum area as originally posted by Fitbit Moderator @LizzyFitbit 

"Thanks for the detailed information, and the steps tried prior to posting. Let me share we identified the root cause of the bug and we are working on a fix, which we anticipate releasing via an app update in early 2023.

We want our Fitbit Community to be a place where users can come to share their feedback and stories in a conducive manner, so please keep in mind the Community Guidelines when posting. Once again, your feedback is appreciated and we'll update this thread as soon as we have more information."

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have no updates available at this time. ThanksSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you in Europe? Seems like the updates are rolling out there first. I'm in the United States and I haven't received an update yet on my fold 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, EU Device

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like Fitbit produced an app update on 19th Jan that has fixed this for me. I also had a Samsung Jan security update on 22nd and it's still working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your Fitbit devices. As you may know, our team released the Fitbit app 3.75 version which ensures the connectivity with Samsung Fold and Flip phones. If you haven't done so, please make sure to update the Fitbit app to the latest version.

I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you have another question, I'd encourage you to visit our help site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and we'll keep working to improve the Fitbit experience.

Best Answer