Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa limitations

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I only got the Versa a few days ago and I'm a bit frustrated. It's not syncing with my Galaxy J3, even though it did for the first couple of days, yes yes I know, not on the compatible devices list. Something that was made very clear after I bought one.

Whats really got me annoyed is the fact that the Versa won't sync with a computer. It's mentioned nowhere that you can only use a phone. It seems other fitbit models can do this as its always suggested in reviews and forums. Why can it not sync with a laptop? The charging dock can even plug into a laptop so I don't see why I can't use that or bluetooth to sync it. I wouldn't have bought it if it had been made clear how phone dependant it is. Apparently it might work with a windows 10 laptop, but I've had no more luck with that then the phone. 

I feel it should be made clear that it is not compatible with Windows 8.1 or one of the most common phones on the market.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @tikithing! I'm not sure where you read that you can't use the Versa with a computer, but that's patently untrue. As you can see in page 11 of the manual, you absolutely can use your PC. As for the phones, if you check out the compatible list, at the top it does say that it should be compatible with anyone running a fairly recent android platform, even if it's not on the confirmed list. Unfortunately, Fitbit's app/servers do seem to go through periods where syncing is difficult. The only thing I can suggest is to hang in there and be patient. Sometimes restarting your phone and/or your tracker is enough to get it going again with a little patience.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Hi,

I had a long chat with help today and restarted everything that could be restarted so no improvement there yet.

Working with only Windows 10 is not really what I would consider compatible. It's not like im trying to make it work with Windows Vista, it's reasonable to expect it to work with Windows 8. Also I did manage to try it with Windows 10 and It didn't sync properly either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes