Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not buzzing when a text is received from Google Pixel 2 XL

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been poring over these forums and tried everything that they have said. I still cannot get text notifications to buzz the versa. They show up if I am on the watch and interacting with it, but they never buzz. My fitbit app is up to date, my Versa has the latest firmware. I have the "always vibrate" option toggled on in the app. The test call function buzzes the watch. I have even exchanged the watch at Best Buy and same issue. I have disconnected and reconnected the watch, app, and Bluetooth dozens of times. I have my phone set to "priority only". My garmin watches work and buzz, why doesn't this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welp I think I figured it out. After looking through yet ANOTHER forum post about the heart rate not displaying (which I was gonna tackle after I got this issue figured out), I was reading through the comments and saw someone say they had a tattoo on their wrist. I have a full sleeve on my watch arm. I switched the watch to my opposite arm, and the BPM instantly displayed (what a friggin joke). I almost instantly got a text message from someone and it BUZZED. HAHA. Who the hell at Fitbit designed that, and if you are gonna have that as a "feature" to save battery, at least let it be a toggle because If someone tells me to just "wear it on my opposite wrist" lord help me. I implore you to start writing with your other hand. I shall be returning this inferior product and going back to Garmin.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welp I think I figured it out. After looking through yet ANOTHER forum post about the heart rate not displaying (which I was gonna tackle after I got this issue figured out), I was reading through the comments and saw someone say they had a tattoo on their wrist. I have a full sleeve on my watch arm. I switched the watch to my opposite arm, and the BPM instantly displayed (what a friggin joke). I almost instantly got a text message from someone and it BUZZED. HAHA. Who the hell at Fitbit designed that, and if you are gonna have that as a "feature" to save battery, at least let it be a toggle because If someone tells me to just "wear it on my opposite wrist" lord help me. I implore you to start writing with your other hand. I shall be returning this inferior product and going back to Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes