Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not getting SMS notifications from Galaxy S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The versa was connecting to my phone and I could open and reply to wotsapp messages but not open normal txt messages but I was getting fb messages etc. I uninstalled the app and re installed it again hoping to solve the problem but it hasn't. Would restarting the watch solve this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Katlou73 A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear that you aren't getting normal text notifications (SMS) on your Versa. Try refreshing the link between your phone and your Versa by going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done everything I have been told. Nothing works. I get every other notification but just not text. Help!!!

Best Answer

I am having same issue...JUST bought this versa. SMS worked for a few days and after update all notifications come through EXCEPT sms.

Best Answer

I updated to 3.7 last night and I'm receiving all notifications including texts so it seems to be working ok.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 8.0

Verizon Message+ for text messages 

Best Answer

I still havent gotten access to 3.7 in my app for some reason, will report back once available and downloaded

Best Answer
0 Votes

I myself cannot get Text and I have version 3.7.  All other notifications come through but not text.  Any other ideas as to why?

Best Answer

Just purchased new Versa 2. Getting calls but not texts. Frustrating. 

Best Answer