Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stopped syncing with Pixel 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help!

My Versa intermittently does and doesn't sync with my Pixel 2 phone, but in the past I have been able to get everything to sync by restarting the phone.

A week ago, however, the phone and watch stopped syncing. I've followed the troubleshooting steps -- from restarting the phone, restarting the watch (and restarting it three times in a row), turning on and off Bluetooth, force-quitting the app, removing other Fitbit devices from the app, checking that the app is running in the background, confirming that all-day sync is on.

Every once in a while I get a notification to restart Bluetooth while the app is trying to sync, but tapping that to restart Bluetooth that doesn't help either.

Suggestions?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Forums @albeeknee.

It seems to be because the Pixel 2 is not on the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully tested and optimized to work with those phones and thus issues like this may arise. 

While the app can work as long as the phone meets the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that some issues will happen. Some users of phones not on that list have mentioned that going through these troubleshooting steps helped them, so it's definitely worth a try. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, LanuzaFitbit.

I don't have the Huawei P20.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been having the same issue with my Pixel 2 for a few weeks now... A phone restart will work, but it stops syncing within less than a day. Waiting for updates!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @albeeknee and @rhysellnow.

@albeeknee I apologize for that. My mind went to the P20 for some reason. I'll edit the post accordingly. Even then, the same would still apply for the Pixel 2.

@rhysellnow Thanks for sharing what has worked for you, albeit momentarily. I'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as there are any updates on the list. Be sure that our team is fully aware of the need to add further devices.

Let me know if there are any other questions. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer